Potential Cub Rear Tires?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
49Cub2017
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 62960

Re: Potential Cub Rear Tires?

Postby 49Cub2017 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:40 pm

I have to believe there's someone locally and I'll make a few calls next week. I was looking at those square bolts today and I'm going to hit them with some penetrating oil before I try to turn them. They don't look too bad, so maybe I'll get lucky. I've also been searching for tubes and looks like $30.00 to $35.00 is the going rate on those. If I can find a dealer to sell tires and tubes and mount for a comparable amount I agree that's probably the way to go. Seems like I ought to plan on a two step approach...step one is getting the tire off the rim so I can bring it home a clean it up. But, maybe that won't be necessary even though those tires have been on there a very long time. Thanks, Stanton, for the search results...some leads to follow up on!

Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Potential Cub Rear Tires?

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:55 pm

The shop I use has no problem with my taking the rims home to clean up and paint. And the guy is pretty good about trying to avoid messing up the new paint. Easier to do some touch up, than to try to mask off the tire to paint the rim after mounted.