Manure spreader M-D 100

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ReeDonkerous
Zip Code: 18470

Manure spreader M-D 100

Postby ReeDonkerous » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi. I am new here. I bought a manure spreader at an auction last fall. I believe it’s a McCormick Deering 100. I’m trying to figure out how to add a picture. Did they make them with wood sides? And could someone tell me how to post a picture ? Thanks !

staninlowerAL
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1)'52, (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (1)'72 154 Number Series Loboy, '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '53 MM BG (offset), (2) '49 Avery V's, '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76 Yanmar 1500, Sears Surburban's, MTD's, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Manure spreader M-D 100

Postby staninlowerAL » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Never saw one with wooden sides. Peruse the TM website and see if you can find some pictures. If you scroll down the INDEX page to the "HOW TO" section, you should find some info about posting pictures. Welcome to the Forum.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 pm

The metal sides tend to rust out, so they may have been replaced with wood but that would not be original. After your second post you can access PDF Manuals under Quick Links (upper left). There are manuals for the 100 spreader there.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Grateful Ed
Zip Code: 05773

Postby Grateful Ed » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Howdy, I'm new here too and must confess that I joined up to try to find a manual for my beautiful new to me MD-100. My neighbor across the street has restored two cubs so maybe I can help him out some time with knowledge from you guys. I am ecstatic to see that the manuals are actually here, I saw old posts from Barnyard and Rudi back in 2002 where the llnks were dead and was hoping to find those guys and track down the manuals. I am also hoping this reply counts as a post so I can get em soon as I don't have a lot of stuff to talk about regarding cubs. I have two gravelys, a Ford Jubilee, MF165, JD harrows and now this great spreader for my now two cow homestead as we just had a new bull. Gotta get it in tip top shape as the manure will be comin' on.

Grateful Ed

Postby Grateful Ed » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello again, and a good reason for my second post. It took me a good while to find out what mine was, the guy thought it was an MF. It wasn't until I got here that led me to the real info. Thanks Farmall Cub forum!
There is a youtube of a guy showing his nicely restored 100 at a tractor show, he says that he wouldn't want to sell it to a farmer it would be better as a show piece, NOT! While my running gear is a little more used and no fenders my side metal is sound and he had some rot near the bottom, I smiled. Regardless it shows what an MD 100 looks, he has the decals and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDfYwwsGOP8

and here is one working! pretty sure he's a member here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8haVM1pEDs8

good luck with your new unit.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Twitter ID: @farmallcubcom

Postby Dennis » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm

ReeDonkerous wrote:Hi. I am new here. I bought a manure spreader at an auction last fall. I believe it’s a McCormick Deering 100. I’m trying to figure out how to add a picture. Did they make them with wood sides? And could someone tell me how to post a picture ? Thanks !

Welcome to the forum!

I see you've only logged one post. Once you've logged a 2nd post, you'll have access to all the manuals on the server. It's located under the "Quick Links" pull-down menu in the upper left of the screen. Go to "PDF Manuals", then scroll down and select whatever manual interests you. As a new owner of a Cub, we'd suggest downloading the Owner's Manual first and taking some time to read it. Many questions you may have will be answered there. Then, as far as working on your Cub, there are Service Manuals and other information that will be helpful.

We'd also encourage you to read:

Use the "Search" box in the upper right of the screen. It will locate answers to many of your questions.

Here's a good thread in the How To Forum for new-to-you Cub owners: What to do with a Cub you just brought home

Glad to have you here. Get that 2nd post under your belt and try to attach a picture of your Cub. We'd like to see it.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Grateful Ed

Postby Grateful Ed » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:28 am

Re: Dennis

Thanks a bunch you guys, sure enough it was in Rudi's area.
We may get temperatures over freezing before the end of april yet!
Cheers…