Bought a '47 Cub the other day.

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Bought a '47 Cub the other day.

Postby Glen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi,
I thought I would say that the front wheels on the 1947 USA Cubs are originally red, not sure if someone painted yours with silver before, or you wanted them that way. :)

Red 49
Zip Code: 49755
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub

Postby Red 49 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 am

Hi you're tractor dose not have touch control / hydraulic it has a hand lift like mine and you're tractor engine used to run on a magneto system but someone has changed it to run off the battery system so i would look into that. It's a good looking cub and I'm sure you will have fun playing with it good luck

Flemmingth
Zip Code: DK6818
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub

Postby Flemmingth » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Glen wrote:Hi,
I thought I would say that the front wheels on the 1947 USA Cubs are originally red, not sure if someone painted yours with silver before, or you wanted them that way. :)

I know that they originally was red. When I bought the Cub, one was dirty-white and the other was rusty-red :)
I think it will look somewhat cool with all four wheels painted alike. You may also have noticed the manifold colour - heat resistent silver. That's not 'by the book' either.

Red 49 wrote:Hi you're tractor dose not have touch control / hydraulic it has a hand lift like mine and you're tractor engine used to run on a magneto system but someone has changed it to run off the battery system so i would look into that. It's a good looking cub and I'm sure you will have fun playing with it good luck

When I bought it, it was like a Tesla, as the battery had to be charged now and then :oops:
The 6V system was malfunctioning, and the previous owner had installed a coil. I made insulation- and resistance test on the generator. I think it's beyond repair. And the magneto coil is missing. And ? ? ?
6V equipment is rare, and therefore expensive around here. Import from US is expensive too, due to shipment, customs and danish VAT.
It may end up with 12V, as used cars and -parts are very accessible and at reasonable prices.
Time will show :beer:
Best regards
Flemming Thomsen