oil pressure

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JimCub48
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56377

oil pressure

Postby JimCub48 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:08 pm

What is a reasonable amount of time after starting engine to see movement on the oil pressure guage.
I started mine last week after sitting for about 3 weeks and noticed no movement on guage, after about 5 to 8 seconds I shut the engine down and primned the pump.I again started the engine and within a few seconds had good pressure on the guage .l run straight 30 weight oil all the time. Also after how long a peirod of time between running do you expect to have to prime the oil pump. Thanks

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: oil pressure

Postby tst » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 pm

if you are losing prime in a few weeks it could be a tired motor with excessive clearance in the main bearings, where is the oil pressure on the gauge hot at idle and with throttle opened up

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: oil pressure

Postby Scrivet » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:52 pm

JimCub48 wrote:What is a reasonable amount of time after starting engine to see movement on the oil pressure guage.........
20 real seconds (one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi............) because it's like the 8 seconds at a rodeo. If you're on the bull those 8 seconds seems like 8 minutes.