This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final Drive Part Number Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
w30bob
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 20634
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub
1939 Farmall A
1975 John Deere 301
2015 Kubota BX25DLR
1952 Dodge M37 Weapons Carrier
1955 Willys M38A1

Final Drive Part Number Question

Postby w30bob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi Guys,

The TC-37F lists two final drive or drop axle housings. One is for Cubs made before '53 and the other is for '53 and above, with the difference being for the change in brake actuation. But the casting changed again for a third time at some point later on......but the part number didn't revise. I'm trying to understand why. The part number for the '53 and above is 350 806 R51, as you all know. But the later Cubs like my '77 had a different casting that didn't have the 350 806 R51 cast into it. Instead there is just an "IH" logo where the part number was in the earlier casting, and the casting date was still in the same place. This did require a new casting for the housing, so shouldn't the part number have been rolled to R52? I realize the functionality of the part didn't change, but when a casting physically changes didn't they change the Revision number? It also seems odd that they'd remove the part number from a casting and replace it with a logo instead. Anybody know why they'd do that?

thanks,
bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”