FH 153 Disc Plow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

FH 153 Disc Plow

Postby Kirk-NJ » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:07 am

A friend of mine has a fast hitch 153 Disc Plow. It appears to be in good shape. Disc appears to have not much wear. He would like to sell it and would like to know the value. He is suppose to send me some photos. I was up there last week and forgot to take photos of it. Although I love to plow I don't think it would be good in my rocky terrain.

tmays
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1948 Allis Chalmers G
1947 Cub
1952 Cub
1940 Farmall H
154 Cub LoBoy

Re: FH 153 Disc Plow

Postby tmays » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:08 am

Kirk-NJ wrote:A friend of mine has a fast hitch 153 Disc Plow. It appears to be in good shape. Disc appears to have not much wear. He would like to sell it and would like to know the value. He is suppose to send me some photos. I was up there last week and forgot to take photos of it. Although I love to plow I don't think it would be good in my rocky terrain.

Condition and completeness, of course, means a lot. I’d say 350 for a decent one. I can’t speak from experience on the plowing with rocks in the ground, but I thought that was one of the advantages of these plows? I would think better than moldboard.
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:23 am

You will need to move the right front wheel out so it will run in the previous furrow, so if your front axle is stuck or not adjustable it will be a problem. I have never plowed with a belly mount, but have a rear mount, and in rocky soil they are great. Small rocks they will roll out just like a molboard, but big rocks that would cause a molboard to hang they will roll over or around, though I think with a belly mount they may have a tendency to push the tractor to the side when they do that.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Postby Kirk-NJ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 am

Thanks Guys. Here is the photo of the plow. I will talk to him about listing it in want ad section.