This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Frustrated

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Frustrated

Postby Slappy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:57 pm

This is such a simple problem that I'm embarassed to ask, but what kind of gasket material do you all use to keep the fuel bowl from leaking?

I've tried using the black rubber seals that come with the bowls, red rubber (reacts with the gas) and cork composite. Every time it seems they hold for a day or two and then begin to weep gas. True, it's not poring out or even dripping regular, but holy cow it's annoying the heck out of me that I can't put in a simple gasket correctly. And it's not just my Cub all three tractors do it.

By the way the assembly order used is gasket - screen - bowl, like it shows in the manual. I've tightened them as much as I dare, I'm afraid any more I'll break or spring something. Are there any tricks, sealents, or special materials I should know about?

Thanks Guys
A kick in the pants is still a step forward.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:01 pm

Slappy - sandwich the screen between 2 rubber gaskets. That will solve your problem.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:06 am

I have never seen the pic.
I do it diff. screen ,gasket ,glass bowl!!
Never had problems as long as I had a good gasket.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”