Strange Governor Issue

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
k0rpl
Zip Code: 54303

Strange Governor Issue

Postby k0rpl » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Good Evening Foks:

Have a Strange Governor Issue, that just cropped up, and wondeing if anybody has a quick fix, so I can Plow the snow that we are getting in the next few days!

What happens, is The Cub Starts up just fine. I Normally start it about two to three grooves up from far back. after it starts, if I push it just one, or two more grooves, it over revs, and from 1/3rd to full, there is really no rpm change, it just seems like it is Full Speed, or and idle, not much in between, When it is at idle, if I manually push the governor bellcrank on the carb side, back to the carb, it goes almost instantly to full throttle, and I do not feel the Governor weights pushing back against my hand to lower the RPMS. I am kind of figuring the Weigjhts are stuck, the spring is good, and the holes that the spring connects to, is not wallowed out or anything, and I do not feel any binding moving it.

Hard to set a fast idle to 1/2 throttle to plow with. When I got it into snow, and the load was coming on, Engine Speed just dropped, with not additional throttle movement. I am assuming the Governor is going to have to come off.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

BillBolt
Zip Code: 16936
Tractors Owned: 1936 McCormick Deering W 30
1944 Farmal H
1949 Farmall Cub
1962 Farmall 504
1977 270 White
Kubota BX 2200

Re: Strange Governor Issue

Postby BillBolt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 am

Mine did something very similar to yours. The roll pin in governor broke. Replaced the roll pin and works fine now.