This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just Brought it home!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
5acrehome
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65535

Just Brought it home!

Postby 5acrehome » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Amazing to me find. One owner (well his father bought it new in '51 anyhow), Garage kept all original cub. I HAD to bring it home so my children can experience the times I remember mowing with one of these at my grandfathers as a teen. Cant wait to share an experience from my childhood with them.
Attachments
Tractor.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

punchofdeath
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 25617
Tractors Owned: 1956 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Just Brought it home!

Postby punchofdeath » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Thats a good lookin cub
Caleb
Circle of Safety

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Immediately head over to ihgascap.com, punch in your address and serial number, and you'll receive a new FREE gas cap from Navistar (current owner/affiliate of International Harvester) to replace the leaky one in your picture. I ordered on3 for my new-to-me LoBoy over the weekend and it arrived yesterday.
Last edited by Urbish on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 pm

FYI, the new gas cap is a safety issue...you really should get one, especially since they are free!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24151
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub
59 cub

Postby Drfting1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Very nice Cub!
Bill Longeill

Waif
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49343
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub "Seen Yore Dobbin"
53 F-Cub W/Loader.

Postby Waif » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Heck yes!
Congrats..

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Welcome to the greatest Cub website on the planet!! :{_}: You've got a real cream puff there!! I suggest you change all of the fluids because you don't know what's in it or the last time they were changed. Give it a through greasing including the throw out bearing (often neglected). Manuals and lots of other good info is up at the top of page. Thanks for sharing the picture. We like pictures. :{_}:

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... s.com/Cub/

If you need parts, site sponsors are at the bottom of the page...
Last edited by ricky racer on Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the website.
The Cub owner's manual has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication.
I would check or change all the oils, and coolant, before using the Cub for work.

Besides what Ricky said above, it looks like the grille and radiator need cleaning, so it can cool better.
They can get plugged mowing. You can use air pressure, I blow out the radiator from the back side.
Wear your safety glasses when using the air. :)

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:21 pm

ricky racer wrote:... Give it a through greasing including the throw out bearing (often neglected)...

Grease for throw out bearing is the cheapest oil laden black grease you can buy. No synthetic red, green, blue or whatever color high temperature grease.
The oil soaks into the graphite so when the clutch fingers touch the throw out bearing they slip on the bearing.
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Great looking Cub! The kids should really enjoy it. I think you might be able to force yourself to enjoy it also if you just give it a chance! :D :lol:

Urbish wrote:'......from Navistar (current owner/affiliate of International Harvester) ........
Actually, Navistar is the same company that was founded as International Harvester. They sold the name International Harvester along with the ag division back in the '80's so they had to come up with a new name for themselves. I guess they couldn't get anybody to buy the liability on the gas caps so that's why they still have the program. If you want to have some fun, try playing "who actually owns International Harvester" through all the mergers, acquisitions, and spin offs since then.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:11 am

Scrivet wrote:Great looking Cub! The kids should really enjoy it. I think you might be able to force yourself to enjoy it also if you just give it a chance! :D :lol:

Urbish wrote:'......from Navistar (current owner/affiliate of International Harvester) ........
Actually, Navistar is the same company that was founded as International Harvester. They sold the name International Harvester along with the ag division back in the '80's so they had to come up with a new name for themselves. I guess they couldn't get anybody to buy the liability on the gas caps so that's why they still have the program. If you want to have some fun, try playing "who actually owns International Harvester" through all the mergers, acquisitions, and spin offs since then.

Tenneco bought the ag divison of IH in '84. The Farmall Plant in Rock Island was not part of the deal, along with the gas cap program. They rebadged most of the IH line as case International, later caseIH. IH had a brand new state of the art big tractor design ready to go which case got and released in 1987 as the caseIH Magnum. The small utility IH tractors continued, with case-inspired sheet metal, into the early 2000s.

Tenneco started spinning off their farm equipment business into "case Corporation" in '94ish.

Fiat purchased caseIH in 1999 and merged them with New Holland, new company is CNH Global.

Sorry to veer off topic. That's a nice Cub!! Don't panic about the gas cap thing, put that on your to-do list. (The whole lawsuit that led to the caps was basically operator neglilgence but they had good lawyers.) As long as your vent stays open on the cap and you don't refuel when it's hot, your tractor will not burst into flames.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:18 am

Super A wrote:
Scrivet wrote:Great looking Cub! The kids should really enjoy it. I think you might be able to force yourself to enjoy it also if you just give it a chance! :D :lol:

Tenneco bought the ag divison of IH in '84. The Farmall Plant in Rock Island was not part of the deal, along with the gas cap program. They rebadged most of the IH line as case International, later caseIH. IH had a brand new state of the art big tractor design ready to go which case got and released in 1987 as the caseIH Magnum. The small utility IH tractors continued, with case-inspired sheet metal, into the early 2000s.

Tenneco started spinning off their farm equipment business into "case Corporation" in '94ish.

Fiat purchased caseIH in 1999 and merged them with New Holland, new company is CNH Global.

Sorry to veer off topic. That's a nice Cub!! Don't panic about the gas cap thing, put that on your to-do list. (The whole lawsuit that led to the caps was basically operator neglilgence but they had good lawyers.) As long as your vent stays open on the cap and you don't refuel when it's hot, your tractor will not burst into flames.

Al

Only reason I brought up the gas cap is because there was a large wet puddle around the gas cap in the posted photo which could result in some excitement if it's actively splashing out of there.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:05 am

Urbish wrote:
Super A wrote:

Al

Only reason I brought up the gas cap is because there was a large wet puddle around the gas cap in the posted photo which could result in some excitement if it's actively splashing out of there.

That's nothing. As long as it's not running down the side of the tank! :D All these old tractors originally had a "sweat stain" about that size around the cap.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am

You're not that far from me - I'm near Bonne Terre, Missouri. Also, be aware, there is a CubFest in California, Missouri in May. See the list here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102673

ifixedit
Zip Code: 67410

Postby ifixedit » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:28 am

Looks great! Hope you all have a lot of fun!

Return to “Farmall Cub”