This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fast hitch helper spring…..

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Renotractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 66209

fast hitch helper spring…..

Postby Renotractor » Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi there. I restored my '59 cub lo boy and was able to get the helper spring off to paint it (successfully remove the nut and slide the spring off the shaft) but now I am trying to reassemble it and i cannot compress the spring enough to get the nut back on. Is there a tool out there that compress the spring or is their some other way to compress it enough to get it put back together.

Thank you for your assistance.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: fast hitch helper spring…..

Postby Don McCombs » Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am

You should be able to install it with the nut at the top of the threads and the Touch Control rockshaft positioned all the way forward.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Renotractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 66209

Re: fast hitch helper spring…..

Postby Renotractor » Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot get the hydraulics to work and have the rockshaft in the forward position. I am going to have to have someone troubleshoot it as I never lost pressure (at least I think) and it used to work fine before I restored it.