This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Southern Cubbers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Southern Cubbers

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm

Just put my 1940 Farmall A with planter/fert./cult and spare engine in the for sale listings. Also put two 1951 Cubs on the list. Went through heart angioplasty with stint last Friday and need to reduce the number of projects I have waiting. Willing to part with these at a very good price or better yet I have a 1973 or 4 yellow white Cub I would like to see restored and would work out a really good deal for someone willing and able to tackle it. Contact me and we can talk. I am located in deep south Texas about 50 miles from Brownsville so consider it and if interested I would be glad to talk it over. Thanks.
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi Gene. Sorry to hear about your heart problems. It will get better with time and prayers. I have to go ever few months and get a couple stints myself. We've lost count of how many I have. Keep at least one of your Cubs. In a few months you will be back in the running. I am going Saturday and pick up 3 more Cubs. Hope you all the luck in the world.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:23 pm

Gene:

You have my prayers and hopes. I do know what you are up against.. but as Merlin said... make sure you keep one at least. They are therapy, good therapy even if you just look at them. Gives you something to look forward to as you recuperate.

I know seeing Ellie and Granny outside the front of my shop all last winter as I was recuperating, sure kept me hoping for spring .... and with everything esle that happened, those Cubs were pretty inspiring... I guess that is the word...

Stiff upper lip as Winnie once said...

We shall not surrender :!: :lol: 8) :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:51 pm

Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers. I am already feeling a lot better. New diet and life style changes are a little tough to get used to but we do what we have to do. Not really getting rid of everything. Still will have 2 Cubs, M, and if well enough next month 2 H tractors. Just making room to do more with my time and ability. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
Gene Chestnutt

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:03 am

I also wish you well Gene. Sure does seem to be an excess of illness going around these days. Rudi knows the power of the Cub folks. I think we have good connections above!

The nice thing about posting your Cubs here is that you may get to see them go to good, loving homes!

Have a great Thanksgiving too.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:44 am

Hey Gene...Our thoughts and prayers are with you also! :wink: The NEAT thing about today's medicine is they can take "Geezers" like you & me & George and practically RE-MAKE us with NEW parts! :D

As good as modern medicine is there's ONE ITEM they'll NEVER be able to replace or repair...A person's ATTITUDE! :shock: Be SURE to keep your's in the proper mindset & you'll heal FASTER than any miracle drug can do! :wink:

You'll find yourself up & workin' on your tractors in NO TIME AT ALL! 8)
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:39 am

Gene I just went throught the procedure a month ago. Its amazing how fast you recover. Just don't do anything to fast. Those projects you feel you can't do now just might be needed later. Working on our tractors is some of the best therepy a heart can get.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:36 am

Gene,

I sent you a PM, in the mean time be glad you have the Cubs to play with. My brother is in the hospital now for heart trouble. I fear his recovery won't be as rapid since he doens't own a Cub. :lol:
8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:35 pm

Donny:

That should be an easy fix.. might even be covered under his Group Health Insurance -- list as Recuperative Therapy Program :!: :shock: 8) :D 8) Worked for me :!: :lol: I sure hope Steve does well..

Cecil:

I hope you continue to recover and use your Cubs for therapy as well. I am not sure how much the Green ones might contribute, but it can't hurt either.

Gene:

Stiff upper lip.... I know what diet and lifestyle changes can do. Just saw my Lipid Lowering Clinic nurse ?? -- she is absolutely ecstatic abiout how well my cholesterol both HDL and LDL are doing and is really impressed that my triglycerides have improved 50 fold...! It does work wonders.. just takes a lot of getting used to :roll: :roll: :? :lol: Gotta like salad a lot... :roll: :shock: :idea: :lol:

Our prayers are with you all!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:02 pm

Good to hear from you Gene. Get well and stay well!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”