Rear wheel extensions ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
User avatar
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:49 pm
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: WV. Ripley

Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Yogie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:35 am

Anyone building these rear wheel spacers ? Very expensive item if you can find the originals out there. Looks like it would be pretty easy to fab something like this. I've done gravely tractors and other type mowers in the past. I might give it a try this winter, a friend about a mile away from me has a factory set on his grandfathers tractor I've looked at. He also put a turnbuckle type of adjustment between the finals to add strength.
Image
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 10519
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 8:02 pm
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: CO, Longmont

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 am

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =1&t=41381 Scroll down for better drawings.
Buddy Banks had some made, you could contact him and see what they cost.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:02 pm
Zip Code: 00000
Location: in northern usa

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 am

I used spacers from ezaccessories but you need the washers to go in the tapered rim holes so the rim is held secure. Woods mowers came with these spacers so the washers they are available.

I used the widest spacers ez had. I had the inside fcub wheel turned in narrow then the spacer then the 154 rim on the outside.

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... os&cc=0&s=
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:19 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: louisiana

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby coppersmythe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 am

Yogie wrote:Anyone building these rear wheel spacers ? Very expensive item if you can find the originals out there. Looks like it would be pretty easy to fab something like this. I've done gravely tractors and other type mowers in the past. I might give it a try this winter, a friend about a mile away from me has a factory set on his grandfathers tractor I've looked at. He also put a turnbuckle type of adjustment between the finals to add strength.
YOGIE !! I hope all is well . If I can help in any way , let me know . I have a (aftermarket ) set . Val

User avatar
Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 5206
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:49 pm
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: WV. Ripley

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Yogie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 am

coppersmythe wrote:
Yogie wrote:Anyone building these rear wheel spacers ? Very expensive item if you can find the originals out there. Looks like it would be pretty easy to fab something like this. I've done gravely tractors and other type mowers in the past. I might give it a try this winter, a friend about a mile away from me has a factory set on his grandfathers tractor I've looked at. He also put a turnbuckle type of adjustment between the finals to add strength.
YOGIE !! I hope all is well . If I can help in any way , let me know . I have a (aftermarket ) set . Val

Thanks Val, to my surprise I got a big heavy box in the mail last week from a forum member out in the flat lands telling me to enjoy the spacers and be safe... Just shot the first coat of paint on them tonight and hope to mount them maybe this weekend. I'm pretty excited... :tractor:
Image
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

User avatar
Indy4570
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:12 am
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 49 F cub, donor
50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
51 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
57 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50s Allis Chalmers B
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
hinomoto diesel 4x4, early to mid 80s 20HP
73 Pasquali 4x4 diesel 33HP
74 Toro golf course tractor
Gilson 18HP
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Missouri Ozarks

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Indy4570 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 am

please post pics when you get them installed, I want to run duals simply for the bigger footprint, lots of hills here.
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:02 pm
Zip Code: 00000
Location: in northern usa

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby BigBill » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Here’s mine, you might need the conical shaped washers on the rims to secure them the bolts alone aren’t enough. Woods wheel spacers come with these washers they can be ordered separately I been told.

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... os&cc=5&s=

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gall ... os&cc=0&s=

The outer rim is a 154 lobby rim.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

User avatar
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 am
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘49 Ford 8N
1 - Allis Chalmers G (year ?)
Location: Farmingdale NJ

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Lt.Mike » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Saw these repops the other day and looking now found originals. Dual rear tires look pretty good but it’s expensive.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3290648752

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3209683544
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

User avatar
Shane N.
501 Club
501 Club
Posts: 4655
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 am
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1972 International 140 (Keeferdoodle)
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Sold Cubs..
1947 Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1949 Cub (Walt)
1950 Cub (piece of junk)
1952 Cub
1975 IH Cub
1974 IH Lo-Boy
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: N.C.

Re: Rear wheel extensions ?

Postby Shane N. » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Lt.Mike wrote:Saw these repops the other day and looking now found originals. Dual rear tires look pretty good but it’s expensive.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3290648752

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3209683544

Just to clarify, what you posted are spacers, not dual adapters. Here’s a thread on dual adapters.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... =1&t=52149
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Farmall Cub”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: inairam, jobbyjim and 6 guests