This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

wheel weights

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vinney
10+ Years
10+ Years

wheel weights

Postby Vinney » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:55 pm

Hello Cub experts! I have a question. Anybody out there know if any other wheel weights would fit on an old Cub,other than the ones made for the Cub? For instance would other Farmall tractor weights work? How about other tractors,Kubota,John Deere,Case,New Holland,Etc. I recently saw some home-made ones cut from steel and bolted gang style(3 or more) to the wheel, but dang it the guy wasn't making any more. I know the bolt pattern would have to be the same as the Cub wheel,but without doing the research I thought I would tap the Forum for your collective expertise.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:02 am

don't know aobut the ones you listed, but ones for a Farmall A or B will fit. just a little bigger center hole.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:26 pm

:shock: I was told this weight was on his fathers cub. But I found out that its not for a cub and had to make a J bolt to hold it on so as not hurt the wheel disk or drill a hole in it. I do not know what it was for but it is IH # 376511. And I definatly want to get the right weights for it :!:

Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:20 am

I went to meet a felow Lanz owner on Saturday, he has quite a few, and in his yard he has a very complicated three point linkage belt drive hedge cutter that he has rebuilt from a very rusty heap.
As a counterweight he has two Cub back wheel weights carelessly slung onto a piece of box section.
Have you any ideas how to get these out of him to go on Bitza when the time comes??? :twisted:
Pat

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:14 am

:lol: Hi Pat looks like I'll have to put some floating tires on the cub hook a shaft and prop to the pto :?: I think the pto spins the right way for a standard prop :?: Have to put some out riggers on so it dosen't flip in the alantic :!: Wonder how big a cooler and fuel tank I'll have to pull :?: :cry: Well it looks like a long trip gess I'll have to find somthing closer. Thanks Pat, Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Patbretagne wrote:Have you any ideas how to get these out of him to go on Bitza when the time comes??? :twisted:
Pat

Make him a set of custom "suitcase" weights, complete with embedded rebar handles. Each light enough to pick up without assistance. You can build little concrete forms for the job. And if you're really clever, you can emboss the Lanz logo in the mold with woodcarving tools. (I know you love a challenge with wood, Pat).

He oughta trade you for that. :shock:

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Now 400, that, just could work, it's almost made in the head already, Thanks, will keep you posted, must take a picture of this machine type hedge trimmer next time i'm down there, thanks again.

PS Billy, you'l have to put the prop either in the air above head or down in water, fortunately the cub is very economic on fuel, we'll be waiting at Brest Port for you at about 4.30 local time on the 10th of December, you'll recognise us because we'll be the only ones with a Red Cub.
Pat
PPS do you need a map of the sea?

Return to “Farmall Cub”