What is this part?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
halftonstude
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 06482
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What is this part?

Postby halftonstude » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Is the bracket supposed to go in the forward hole or rear hole when it’s mounted to the hood properly?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Forward, the one with the nut welded to it. It is correct in your picture from before you removed them.

halftonstude
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby halftonstude » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:41 pm

yeahhhh i realized that as soon as i looked at the radiator channels only one hole has a nut welded to it. that was a D'OH moment, but i already hit SUBMIT and it was TOO LATE!!!! Thanks Jim
c

halftonstude
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby halftonstude » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:10 pm

So, pulled the hood and with an ice pack and wet wash cloth i kept the area behind the gob of weld cold then ground off the weld verrrrrry slowly, stopping once in a while to keep the area cool. no disturbance to the paint all is well. Ordered some 3m DP20NS structural steel epoxy and already bent the tabs to where there supposed to go and will be gluing them in this weekend when the glue arrives. 4500 psi shear strength, which is the direction these brackets support the hood. they'll be just fine in there. i've used 3m panel bonding adhesive before, which isn't as strong as this and that stuff is amazing! Will send photos when done. Thanks for all the help and guidance!
c