Cub Stopped Running

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: '58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's

Re: Cub Stopped Running

Postby Lt.Mike » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:58 pm

tnestell wrote:
Peter Person wrote:Thanks for all the input.

I don't think it was icing as temps were in the 28-36 degree range.

Peter

Carb icing can occur at temps higher than 36 degrees. Incoming air is compressed going through the venturi producing heat and then expanding causing it to cool, along with gas vaporizing causing more chilling. So on a humid day, temp about 35, moisture in the air condenses and can cause frost and blocking incoming air.

Many years back I flew small private planes, Cessena’s. Back then when the had carburetors icing was a year round concern and it was a routine in takeoffs and landings to pull the “Carb heat” lever. Icing can occur with some summer temps and high humidity. You might not see humidity in the winter like the summer has but moisture in the fuel especially if your running pump gas with ethanol which has a way of pulling water into the fuel.
Check this out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carburetor_icing
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

1958 Cub Lo-Boy
1952 Farmall Cub, Paula's Cub
1952 Farmall Cub (#2)
1946 International IA (Lil’Mule)
1946 International IA (#2)
1953 Farmall SA

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Cub Stopped Running

Postby BigBill » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:57 pm

At around dusk when the temps start to drop is when ice/snow all of a sudden sticks to plows and snowblowers is when moisture can form in the gas tank. The adjustable snowblower chute sticks too. Don’t forget to spray it all down with a non stick spray like Pam.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.