1955 Farmall Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
oscar4pbr
Zip Code: 32246

Re: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby oscar4pbr » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:49 am

Thanks for the statement about Cubs being higher in Florida. I wouldn’t want to say how much I paid for either I have based on what most folks on here pay for theirs. That being said that tractor has been for sale for that price since last year about this time. I saw it listed then with no pictures of tractor but never called or attempted to look at it. Take your time, it ain’t going no where.

Crimson Tim
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Crimson Tim » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:26 am

Yes, the *asking* prices for Cubs in Florida is usually pretty high. Especially further south. Consequently, they tend to remain unsold for a long time. I suspect the actual sale prices are (somewhat) more reasonable.

It depends how bad you want it. If you want something right now, you’ll have to take what the market has available. My advice is to bide your time, don’t be in a rush. But do monitor Craigslist and whatever resources you prefer. Reasonable deals do come along, even in Florida, but they are rare and they get snapped up quick. Always be on the lookout, act fast if you find something worth checking out, and expect it to take a long time to find something.

Personally, I wouldn’t go over half that price for that tractor, even if I had the money. It might be worth a look if the owner is ready to deal, and he might be if it has been on the market that long. Otherwise, IMO, keep looking. You can do better. Especially if you are in north Florida, where Georgia and the rest of the farming south are within striking distance.