This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Country's Christmas Possum With Candied Maker's Mark Sauce

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Country's Christmas Possum With Candied Maker's Mark Sauce

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:03 am

Ingrediants:

1) One TENNESSEE Sun-Dried Possum (Remove as much of the tire tread marks as possible).

2) One Cup Butter / 2 Tbs. Lemon Juice / 1 Cup Sugar / 1 tsp. Baking Powder / 2 Large eggs...1 Pint Maker's Mark Kentucky Bourbon.

Start by Washing your Possum...Draining it...then set aside to dry.
While your Possum's drying...SAMPLE the Maker's Mark to mark sure it's fresh and of the highest quality! GOOD ISN'T IT!

Select a LARGE mixing bowl...Beat the 2 eggs in the bowl...Sample the Maker's Mark again! Yep...IT'S STILL GOOD!

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees...Add the 2 Tbs. Lemon Juice to your beatin' eggs. While you're waitin' on the oven to pre-heat...WARM yourself up with another little jigger of Maker's! WOW...that's tastin' better already!

Next...Fole in your Sugar and Baking Power to your mixtur...take another 1/2 jigger jus as a chaser!

Git tha Pussum ya sit aside hisself an' flip em' inta tha HOT ovin! Bee Vury Karful Notta Burrn yoself ontha fingurs!

Aid onne tenny spoonfula Maker's to da mixur in dat bowel an whip tha everrr lovin' stuffin outta dat! Aid 1 Babblespoon o' Lard ontta da ovin and turnn tha pussum up ta 465 degreeze... kerful againn notta burnz yooself...wear a oovin mitte!

Now...take anothur 4 fingurs a Makkur's an' go ta bid! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:55 am

Sounds good Country! That is the Bourbon Part!!! :wink: :wink: :D

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:28 am

Country,

Possum for 40, popular for coal miner's weddings, and other large group entertaining is achieved in this way up here in PA:

Set out some bad meat from your freezer, wait several days. When first possum appears, shoot, leave to season. Next evening, 2 more will come to eat the first. Shoot them and leave to season. Next evening 6 will come to eat the first 3. Shoot these and leave to season. Next evening, 24 will come to eat first 12. Shoot them, douse with Cheap Canadian whiskey, and light pile on fire. When fire has gone out, and all hair has singed, skin possum and proceed with your recipe X 36. Up here, we find that at least 4 people out of 40 are adverse to eating possum, and so we cook a couple of groundhogs for them.

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:46 am

Could tenderize with Tuckers tire chains. :lol:
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:11 am

I think I'll stick to drinking the Makers Mark!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:49 pm

Pour one for me, Carm!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:36 am

Over here there is a movement afoot to import a batch of possums. You see they don't exist in Europe and it seems that we are missing out on a festive delicacy that you over there all seem to enjoy in every form and recipe.
At present we in Brittany are the biggest chicken exporter to the world.
Doux, is the local exporter and although he is rather an unreachable sort of person, I would like to see if he would be possible to convert Marcel's 110 000 Chicken shed into a 200000 possum shed and get Doux to start processing for us.
Normally the chickens are frozen, but I am assured that it would be possible to supply them dried and conditioned, marinated in bottles or just straight canned.
What would be the best in Cub opinion.
As this looks to be a winner, I only want serious considered opinion.
A photo of a family of possums and your style of rearing sheds over there would be much appreciated to encourage Mr Doux to take on such a new and inovative venture.
Pat

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:22 am

No need for sheds they rear them selves. We had no possum on Staten Island till WWII. There was a large Army Hospital, Holloran General Hospital. Some of the down home boys got lonely for possum and the story goes relatives sent some and a few live ones got away and now we have possum a plenty. My uncle Ed hunted on the Island a lot as a kid and said he had never seen one till he got out of the Navy after the war so I feel the story is reliable. I have his old 30 40 Kraig and a couple of his old fishing lours..

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”