This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrolysis Tank Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Re: Electrolysis Tank Question

Postby CapeCodCubs » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:35 am

John...do you have the tank set up. I have a really sweet 50 gallon blue plastic barrel. With all new rebars (anodes) and connectors. Will be in Marion later today if you want to borrow it. Folks are having a big yard sale in August so let Annie know to be on the look out for updates.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ParlowMillFarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02738
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1964 JD1010

Postby ParlowMillFarm » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:07 pm

I have a tank set up and the cleaning is intermittent. Have to reset every time the charger "smartens up."

Stevetractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: B0v1a0
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall Cub
1968 International Cub

Postby Stevetractor » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 am

So.... I’ve been thinking of building a tank. I’ve always sandblasted. I do a batch of parts and immediately mix up epoxy primer in my gun and coat them. No rusting takes place while bare. How to you keep parts from rusting after coming out of the tank? Assuming you have to clean with water to rinse off the solution? Would be a pain to mix up primer for each small batch from tank and coating with an oil based product would affect adherence of primers or top costs. Is there any other options? Thanks for everyone’s input

steves47150
Zip Code: 47150

Postby steves47150 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:48 am

I have had great luck using graphite as electrodes, as they are self cleaning as they eventually wear away. Got tired of cleaning the steel plates. look for them on auction sites(e-bay) under EDM electrodes, or graphite. Personally I have been using old computer power supplies as they always have several voltage outputs. I gang the 12V output together, and use them. seems like I never have enough battery chargers, or they are always somewhere other than where i need them.

Return to “Farmall Cub”