Owner McCormick Deering 100 Manure Spreader

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Crimson Tim
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32736
Tractors Owned: The crew:
"John", 1952 Cub
"Paul", 1951 Cub
"George", 1958 LoBoy Cub with Wagner 45 Loader
"Ringo", 1977 Cub

So far, Paul and Ringo have arrived. John and George were supposed to follow ages ago, but apparently have gone awol. Long story.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Owner McCormick Deering 100 Manure Spreader

Postby Crimson Tim » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 pm

Jim Becker wrote:That looks pretty close to their double pitch C2060 or C2060H roller chains. Do you suppose your rollers have 0.030 or so of wear and maybe started out at 0.469?
https://www.usarollerchain.com/C2060H-R ... -chain.htm

I think the pads on my micrometer are wider than the worn area, but then I only measured one roller. I’ll take a couple of duplicate measurements and see what we come up with. Worst case though, even if the new rollers were fully 0.030” too large, it’s hard to imagine that would be enough to cause a problem interfacing with the sprockets.

It looks like vikbolenystrom’s rollers match up just fine.

vikbolenystrom
Zip Code: 98370
Tractors Owned: McCormick Deering 100 Spreader
Massey Ferguson 451

Postby vikbolenystrom » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 am

C2060H Double Pitch Roller Chain looks to be the closet fit. Has anyone used it for their McCormick Deering 100 Drive Chain? Thanks!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:13 pm

You never did say what was wrong with your chain. If it's frozen from rust, I've loosened one by liberally spraying multiple times with a good penetrating oil and then hitting the "bumps" in the chain with a hammer. It took about an hour, but once you have the links moving, the sprockets will finish the job after it's reinstalled.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

vikbolenystrom
Zip Code: 98370
Tractors Owned: McCormick Deering 100 Spreader
Massey Ferguson 451

Postby vikbolenystrom » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 am

Hi Bob, Drive chain frozen stiff like a broom handle. Some of the rollers deformed. I currently have the chain soaking in diesel. Have to free up the frozen spiral before reinstalling drive chain. I am worried about drive chain breaking. Thanks for the recommendations.