This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

french vinyard cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

french vinyard cub

Postby goldsby » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:03 pm

I saw the pix of the vinyard cub on the site and was wondering if anyone has more photos and close ups of the vinyard model. I have several cubs and would like a vinyard model.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:15 pm

I'm not shure, but I think George W posted that some years ago, or it most cerntenly could have bean Mike S

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:28 pm

The photos I saw were from the Cubarama, and the tractor belongs to Leon Walker.......i would like to see some close ups,,,,,,or a site where i can see some pix of this nice cub, does anyone know the serial number range, when they were built? hey George.......Help

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Mike Schmudlach sent these pictures some time ago. It is Leon's vinyard Cub (I think) in pictures taken shortly after it was restored in England. It was well travelled after the pics were taken.

http://photos.toast.net/gwill/French_Vinyard_Cubs

Click on any thumbnail for a larger view.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:18 am

THANKS GEORGE, I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OR BUILD A VINYARD,,,,I AM IMPRESSED WITH LEON'S NICE TRACTOR. THE FOOT CONTROLS MUST BE A LOT DIFFERENT, AND THE PTO AND BRAKES LOOK DIFFERENT IN THE PHOTO,,,,,,,WONDER IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE ANY PARTS FOR ONE?

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:43 pm

Hmm! Gets the old brainbox going. Was it a Monsieur Mac Cormaque original or someone done in backyard workshop. I think the maximum width to be able to work in the French Vinyards is 900mm or just under a yard.
The front axle ok can see how it all works, back axle, like George cut and shut his half shaft for the "Tricycle" this one was cut short and welded, and the trumpets are smaller in length, pedals, OK just one for the brakes acting on both wheels at the same time, Clutch the other side?
Yes that's quite a mind bender for the future.
I Like it, Thanks George for resussitating the photos,
Pat,
HMMM!

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:51 pm

I can see my butt getting bruised on one of those, as I'd be wider than the tread width. I don't know how that would affect stability. :twisted:

Of course, I could certainly enjoy grabbing a bunch of ripe grapes as I drove down the vinyard rows. :D I've gotten quite good at picking blackberries on the move with my A, without getting my hands too ripped up.

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Yep, sittin on it would be a problem for a lot of us,,,,,,,but i have lo-boys, regular, high crops, a demonstrator, a lo-boy with factory trencher, the vinyard just is soooooooo cool. i have never seen one....it could be something someone built...i

have 2 parts cubs that i could build one out of,,,,,,soooooooooooo[/quote]

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:15 pm

goldsby wrote:Yep, sittin on it would be a problem for a lot of us,,,,,,,but i have lo-boys, regular, high crops, a demonstrator, a lo-boy with factory trencher, the vinyard just is soooooooo cool. i have never seen one....it could be something someone built...i

have 2 parts cubs that i could build one out of,,,,,,soooooooooooo

I expect Mike can tell the story better, but my understanding is that they were factory built... maybe a couple hundred of them. That front casting will be the hard part. It sure would have made the tricycle easier.

The finals from a 154 along with the adapter for the right side would make the rear end easy. All the rest could be done with modified stock parts.

I can hardly wait to see your version!
George Willer

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:25 pm

I have the short finals for both sides from cubs, what adapter would I need, and why would you suggest using finals from the 154?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:53 pm

goldsby wrote:I have the short finals for both sides from cubs, what adapter would I need, and why would you suggest using finals from the 154?

You'll have to go to a 154 to get the adapter... that makes up for the lop-sided differential case. Once you have the adapter I suppose Lo-Boy finals would work. You would need two from the left side... so I thought the 154 would make it easier... they're nearly alike.

The Lo-Boy finals are machined differently from the F Cubs. Contrary to what many think you can't simply rotate them 90 degrees. That's mostly because of the bolt pattern.
George Willer

goldsby
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby goldsby » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Well, you learn something every day,,,,,I along with others thought the housing would just turn 90,,,,,I have the finals and housings from 3 cubs, but they are all from regular cubs. So From what you are saying, the housing from a regular cub wont turn 90 and work like a lo-boy. That makes the vinyard much more costly. Dont know if it is worth the cost. [/code]

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:42 pm

goldsby wrote:Well, you learn something every day,,,,,I along with others thought the housing would just turn 90,,,,,I have the finals and housings from 3 cubs, but they are all from regular cubs. So From what you are saying, the housing from a regular cub wont turn 90 and work like a lo-boy. That makes the vinyard much more costly. Dont know if it is worth the cost. [/code]

Look carefully at the bolt pattern. You can easily turn the finals 180 degrees, but not 90. I think the oil filler plugs can be taken care of easily... but with 154 finals it's already done. :D
George Willer

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

There used to be some cubs in this area modified for cleaning between the coops in chicken house. I've been trying to find one for several years, but recently learned the last one was junked about 4 or 5 years ago.They were modified so they would fit in a very narrow area similar to the vineyard cub, or maybe a little narrower,and had a front mount blade on them. the blade was wide enought to reach a ways under the coops for scraping out the sh*t, and the cub was equipped with guide rollers to keep ti from tipping over. One of the local shops was working on one and laid it on it's side right in the middle od a fairly level drive way getting it into the shop.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Pudgy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Little Cub

Postby Pudgy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:16 pm

Dont know if this is what you are looking for..
Look at http://www.tractorshed.com-photo ads-farmall cub.
Listed 01-01-05 in new york.
"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!!!!"

Return to “Farmall Cub”