This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Govner

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Manuel@elvira13
Zip Code: 98948

Govner

Postby Manuel@elvira13 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Hay y’all. Name is Manny. New to this forum. I’ve been reading for the last two years since I bought my 1957. Cub. It works great just minor issues. With trying to find out why it doesn’t keep charge on my battery. But my latest issue is the govner. I opened up and it had no baring in the thrust set. My question is do need to put a baring or not. Thank you

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Govner

Postby Bill V in Md » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi Manny, welcome to the forum. You do need to replace the missing bearing. It supports the axial loads of the governor weights on the shaft. It consists of three pieces: a bearing and an inner and outer race. There is also a snap ring that keeps the bearing in place. Below is a link to a post on rebuilding the governor:
http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=100235
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Govner

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Manny, Welcome to the Forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”