This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mule drive for cub lo-boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jkangel1
Zip Code: 43837

Mule drive for cub lo-boy

Postby jkangel1 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:33 am

I have (I believe) a 63 lo boy that I use to mow with. I recently took off a Danco C3 mower because it was too much mower for the tractor. I was planning to replace it with a woods 42C-2 that I also have. However, I’m struggling to figure out how it attaches to the tractor. I have a mule drive that the 42C-2 came off of (from a standard height cub), but it doesn’t look like it is compatible with the lo-boy. Is there a separate mule drive for the lo-boys? And if so, where do I find one?

Thanks in advance

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mule drive for cub lo-boy

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:20 am

Welcome to the forum. After your second post you'll have access to the PDF Manuals; found by clicking on Quick Links at the upper left of the page. You'll find the manuals there for the Woods mowers. I don't have a LoBoy but am certain that the mule drive does not interchange. Place an ad in the "Vine" subforum which is the classified portion of the Forum.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

NJ Farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08876
Tractors Owned: 1953 F-Cub
1957 F-Cub
1956 Lo-Boy
1971 Cub Cadet 149
1976 Cub Cadet 1200

Postby NJ Farmer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Are you mowing fields or lawns with the Danco C-3? If it is just lawns the Danco C-3 does an amazing job with the grass.
I would agree that it could bog down with very tall weeds/grass but it was designed as a “Finish Mower” or fine cut.

Blazing through fields would be better off with a 42” C2 mower…

NJ Farmer

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23 pm

the lowboy did not use a big mule drive like a regular cub, it had a pulley system that bolted around the PTO shaft and separate brackets to bolt the mower to the final drives
also it you change the drive pulley to the 6 " pulley used with woods deck instead of your 8" your lowboy will think it has a new engine

ShawnAgne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Front/Rear Weights
1955 Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
1955 Farmall 100 (Thomas)
12V with Petronix
Woods L59 60"
A60 Leveling Blade
Front/Rear Weights

Postby ShawnAgne » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 am

I have the Low-Boy drive system as it was on my 52 If you need one.
Shawn Agne

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Postby lyle11 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 am

jkangel1 wrote:I have (I believe) a 63 lo boy that I use to mow with. I recently took off a Danco C3 mower because it was too much mower for the tractor. I was planning to replace it with a woods 42C-2 that I also have. However, I’m struggling to figure out how it attaches to the tractor. I have a mule drive that the 42C-2 came off of (from a standard height cub), but it doesn’t look like it is compatible with the lo-boy. Is there a separate mule drive for the lo-boys? And if so, where do I find one?

Thanks in advance

I have some experience mounting a Woods 42 on Lowboy. If you truly have a Woods 42C-2 I don’t think it will mount. It has to be a 42 CL (CL=Cub Lowboy). The main difference is what Woods calls Push Channels, which are the arms that extend from the mower deck back to the mounting plates on the final drives. They angle upward on a 42-C due to the height of the Cub. On the 42-CL they run parallel to the mower deck because the Lowboy is about 8” closer to the ground.

My point is that your Woods mower deck must be a CL designed for a Lowboy. If the Push Channels angle upward from the mower deck it won’t fit.

Return to “Farmall Cub”