This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FHC Mott flail mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BucketHead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01050
Tractors Owned: 1963 MF 202
1953 Super C
1949 Cub
1970 LoBoy 154
1949 M

FHC Mott flail mower

Postby BucketHead » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:28 am

As I am going through the new Cub and it's implements, I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of surprises I've found. It's seems like a well cared for Cub that's just been sitting for the last 16 years... With one exception. On the Mott FHC flail mower, the bearing on the driven end (left side) of the cutter shaft assembly is gone... Not worn out but gone... Nothing but the inner race left on the shaft with a worn grease retainer and cutter shaft bearing cage on the mower housing.

Does anyone have current part numbers for these parts? The Motts parts list shows p/n C2A for the grease retainer, p/n HP6 for the cutter shaft bearing, and p/n HP5 for the cutter shaft bearing cage. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Karl

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: FHC Mott flail mower

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Numbers and possible sources.