This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Down To Three Again

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Down To Three Again

Postby Merlin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Two and one half of those three are junk. The running one is in the garage and I fired it up yesterday to let it run a few minutes and all of a sudden the radiator bolster started spewing water all the way across right where the bottom of the grill wraps around. I don't know why it picked that particular time to crack because I've ran it longer than that and it was ok then. I think you call that "Merlin's Luck". Maybe I shouldn't have sold the other two. Oh well, there will be more.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:17 pm

that sounds like my luck.
the one cub i had to sell to prepare for wifes surgery, went out started it up (started on first hit as always, after couple months of sitting), drove it out of pole barn, shut up the barn, and left it running, expecting the person to be there. well i was confused as to the time, living on the state line of EST and CST sometimes that happens, anyway, realized it, went out and shut it off. hour later when he showed up to get tractor, sure as ****, it wouldnt start. go figure. he probably thought i was trying to pull a fast one. but i wasnt. this time. :shock: so we wrenched it up onto the trailer an off he went.
anyway he aint called me back, so i am sure hes happy with it, as i was. :)

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:55 am

John,

After being a miserable witch to you all this time, I'm sure it started for him to drive off of the trailer, and has been starting faithfully for him ever since, whether cold, warm, or red hot.

Additionally, no doubt it has attained 25hp, and uses less than 1 gal every 100 hours of use. He can probably pop the clutch for dead-cold starts in 3rd gear, and the engine doesn't even change sound.

He will, no doubt, have to tighten the seat-post bolts from time to time, as the rabbit-quick starts will loosen them in time. I imagine he probably drives it to work, now, since it probably goes 50 mph in 3rd gear, and gets 150 mpg.

Spiteful things, cubs, aren't they?

LOL :D

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:17 pm

i was beginning to think she was pissed at me for selling her, as she had become accustomed to being retired at my place.

Return to “Farmall Cub”