This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

WAS THE TRADE WORTH IT

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:45 pm

Dan, i dont have physical possession of the item yet, as he has to blast, prime and paint. we stop down and see in a couple of days if hes dug it out, and take my manual to compare it too. proably next saturday and then i will let you know. THANKS

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:49 pm

Sounds like you got a great deal there, vdoc. That disk in front of the plow is the coulter. Others on here can best describe it's purpose, all I know is that if you forget to use it, :oops: , you don't get as good a cut in the sod. With regard to the pitman arm on the sickle bar....Mine was originally painted white, with the rest of the sickle assembly blue. But, I must say that Country Elliot had the finest idea regarding the pitman - he sanded it down to "pretty wood" and then finished it out with linseed oil - Looks Fabulous!!! Then there's that blade guard he has that everyone is jealous of........

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:19 am

Hey "Doc"...You DONE REAL GOOD Son! You can always come across another 184 that you can dress up as nice as the one yoou let go of, but the odds of comin' across another 1950 Demo. that its owner will part with is remote at best! :wink: Looks like another "ugly duckling will soon blossum into a LOVELY SWAN" :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Farmall Cub”