This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My smile for the day

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

My smile for the day

Postby grumpy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:55 am

Well, since I had the operators manual and the service manual I ordered the parts manual and got it in the mail. I assumed it was a book so when I got it I opened one side of the envelope and took it out. peeled the celephane off and the pages flew all over the floor. It came as a loose leaf binder and only took me 25 minutes to sort it out. Wasn't a happy camper at the time but was glad no one was around to see it. Seems funny now though. Actually the 3 ring idea is better as both of my other manuals are loose leaf and in page protectors.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:03 am

Grumpy,

Been there done that....LOL

The Parts manual for my A came that way, although it was not cellophaned together. I just shook it out of the envelope, into a nasty pile on my lap, and the surrounding floor.

I then did what I usually do in situations like that. I moved to my rocking chair, and called for my girlfriend to sort it all out... :twisted:

She already knows I'm an idiot, so it came as no shock to her.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:17 am

Hey "Grumpy"...I've been known to keep the "original manuals" to my tractors inside my office for non-garage reference use. The reproduction copies (loose leafs n' such) are GREAT for garage / barn use so gettin' grease on them is never a "trainwreck" :oops: You can also buy those clear, plastice sheets for 3 ring binders...That way, you can insert the sheets from the manual you need...and work with them "protected" in your fix-it shop or garage or barn! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Farmall Cub”