This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Does anyone oil the oil filler cap mesh?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John in Ct
10+ Years
10+ Years

Does anyone oil the oil filler cap mesh?

Postby John in Ct » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:40 pm

I was wondering, does anyone oil the mesh in the oil filler cap like the book says? I oil mine every oil change after washing out the cap in Safety Kleen and then kerosene but it makes a mess all over the filler cap and carb. when I use the tractor? I used SAE 30 oil. If it should be oiled after washing, How much oil should be put in? Thanks!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:05 pm

I wash mine out in the parts cleaner using kerosene as the solvent. I have not reoiled the screen.

If you are going to reoil the screen. With the oil filler cap upside down put 1 or 2 drops of oil in each hole. Let set for a few minutes - until the oil reaches the bottom of the cap. Reinstall. Excess oil will drip out - probably all over you freshly cleaned garage floor.

Eugene

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Oil

Postby allenlook » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:05 pm

Mine tends to get oiled while the engine is running... Or is that sooted?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”