This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from India

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wwirz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hello from India

Postby wwirz » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:21 pm

Well here I am in India on a business trip. Sadly there are no CUBs over here that I have seen. They sure could use them though.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:57 pm

wwirz - Have as much fun as you can with no cubs around. :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

wwirz

Postby allenlook » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:03 pm

WWIRZ - just got back from there, and I'll be back there soon.

Not much a Cub could do with all that mud and dust...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:12 pm

Just curious, but who owns most of the hotels/motels in India :lol:

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Hotels

Postby allenlook » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:19 pm

I don't know who owns them, but most of the hotels I stay at in India, like the Taj or Sheraton in Mumbai or the Blue Diamond in Pune, are absolutely top notch. The Taj is a massive stone building filled with hand-hewn wood and carved marble, with marble floors and brass inlays, and it sits right beside the ocean next to the Queen's Gate. Service is so good as to be unbelievable - multiple waiters per table waiting silently for you to sip your drink or drop your fork so it can be instantly replenished.

Of course, it's a 5-star hotel completely surrounded by dust, poverty, and squalor. There is a giant glass plate in the entrance drive with water cascading down both sides of it, in an attempt to shield the sight of the squalor from the lobby :shock:

Then you get in a cab and drive for an hour through streets filled with three-wheeled taxis all belching blue smoke (no mufflers or catalytic converters) through beggars and crippled children and men using the streets as a sewer, to arrive at a 5-star restaurant and have a nice meal, only to have to step over an entire family and their dog on the way out the door to the taxi at the curb.

It's a disturbing and eye-opening dichotomy.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

wwirz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wwirz » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:37 pm

I have stayed at the Taj etc., as well. Very nice hotels. Actually what India needs is about 10000 cubs with grading blades. They can keep busy continuously just leveling the roads and pushing trash around.

India could be a paradise if it were only cleaner. However, their economy is expanding rapidly (surpassing Japan), so in 20 years.....who knows.

Can't wait to get home and plow some snow......if it would get colder in Corning NY.

Return to “Farmall Cub”