This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deluxe Seat Bracket Measurement

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Deluxe Seat Bracket Measurement

Postby Tractor Tom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:30 pm

I just priced used and aftermarket deluxe seat brackets....ouch. I think I might fabricate my own. Could someone please give me a measurement, how long (tall) is the right and left sides? Thanks!
So many tractors, so little time......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron Thomas
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40402
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall 130

Postby Ron Thomas » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:44 pm

Tractor Tom:
I've got one on my '57 Cub and will be glad to measure the brackets for you. Can't do it tonight, however, as I've no lights in my shed.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm

Tractor Tom:

If you actually get the measurements, would it be possible for you to document the project... that way other Cubbers can benefit? It would be another nice addition to the Cub Manual Server :idea: :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

I would be happy to

Postby Tractor Tom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Sure will Rudi. It might take me a while to get back up to my shop (it's in the country), but I will take lots of pictures and take notes 8)

RustyVT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RustyVT » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am

I know I'd appreciate your efforts toward documenting the project too. I have two or three lengths of conduit for my own seat back project, but no model to work from, the original being part of the sands of time (literally!) at this point.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:20 pm

I gotta get a camra. Just cannot get a clear picture with the camcorder. hope this helps.

Billy

Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks Cowboy

Postby Tractor Tom » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:08 pm

Thanks Cowboy, those will help but what I need is the distance from the bottom of the seat frame to the tractor on both sides. In other words, how long is the right and left side seat upright support brackets. I assume they are the same length but I'm just guessing. BTW, Roy said he would try to get pics this weekend. The parts manual shows these:

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Hi Tom I'll should be in the garage tommrow and I'll try to get it for you. I can tell you they are different lengths. The one on the left has three bolt holes in in and mounts over the trans shaft. The one on the right is longer and bolts over the axel shaft. I think that side has two bolts but cannot see it because the tool box is in the way or it may bolt under the battery box.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:42 pm

The reason the seat is on a angle is I put the rock shaft under the seat bracket on the trans side and haven't shimed up the other side yet. The mesurements I took are the lenght of the bracket.

This didn't turn out like I planed. I wanted to draw a picture and put the mesurements in. Hope it helps Billy

(Axel side) : {Trans side}
bracket hight : (11 3/4") : {8 3/8"}
bracket foot : (1 1/2") : {front 1 3/8" : Back 4 1/2"}
bracket width : (4") : {4 1/2"}
bracket leans back from vertical : (1 1/2") : {7/8"}
seat holes down from top : (7/8") : {7/8"}

Image[code][/code]

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks Cowboy

Postby Tractor Tom » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:29 pm

Thanks Billy, that is just what I needed. It looks like the right hand bracket mounts using the same bolt locations and sits on top of the left side of the shifter cover?
I hope you didn't have to go out into bad weather for this. I don't know if a storm passed you on the way to the east coast but I heard they are getting blizzard like conditions. I almost feel guilty with our weather (NOT) :lol: It was about 73 and very nice here. Even with our unbearable Phoenix summer heat, with our winter weather it's easy to see why we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country :( Thanks again, I will let our fellow Cubbers see my fabrication when I get to it, probably March.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:18 am

Hi Tom

It was about 32 here. And I got about a inch of snow here. I am jelouse of those that enough to plow. Hey Bill how much snow did you get :?: Probally out plowing now lucky dog :{_}:

Just makes me feel good to help out as others have helped me :!: I was out in the garage trying to unload my lister engine http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11360 Silly me the engine weighs 1050 pounds. I had it in the back of my ranger I thought I was going to back under the garage door headder and lift it out with a chainfall :!: :idea: Duh it was taller than I didn't think it was (confusing syntex but I was) And would not eaven go under the door opning :roll: Had to uncrate it in the truck let the air out of the tires. Shim up the headder run four by fours between that and the roof joists to get enought head room to lift it out.

Good luck Billy

Return to “Farmall Cub”