This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dip stick broke off

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Dip stick broke off

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:54 am

:cry: I was going out to move a trailer pulled out the dip stick to check the oil. And And the rivit that holdes the dipstick to the breather cap became un rivited and the stick fell off. I thought I saw way back how somone had fixed theirs I did a search but could not find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction :?:

Thanks Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 am

Cowboy
Did the come out with the cap or did stay in the tube :?: :cry: Hope it came out so you can fix the problem.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 am

Billy,

If you can find or make a solid rivet I can tell you how. Clamp a piece of bar stock upright in your vise. Put the rivet in the hole in the dipstick and place the rivet head on the bar. Then you can put the can over the rivet and form a head with a ball pein hammer. The correct police may not notice the head is on the wrong end of the rivet if you work carefully. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:20 am

Must have been a common problem, I have seen several of them with a small bolt in the cap.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Bolt

Postby allenlook » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 am

Come to think of it, I think MINE has a small bolt in the cap, and I just didn't know any better. Until now :(
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:05 pm

8) Jeff lucky I have the long dipstick so it wasn't able to fall into the pan.

:wink: Thanks Mr GW thats what I needed.

I just went out and looked at it better now that I know what to look for. It looks like a pin was brazed into the cap then center punched in the bottom after the clip and dipstick are on. I was able to put the stick back in and repunch it and its staying on now. It was loose and able to turn before now its tight but seems to be working.

Thanks ya all Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm

I had a similar problem. Mine had come loose and the stick was flopping around in the cap. I put it in the vise, heated to cherry red and brazed it back together. Filed it down smooth and it looks mint. :D
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”