This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Photos of CT Snow Storm and a Tractor Update

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:44 pm

Mike, your picture brought back memories of when I used to have a fire place. I really miss watching the flames and the nice war glow, but my air tight stove is a lot more efficient.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:07 pm

John,

The fireplace has been a saving grace but we learned how to use LP more efficiently since we got a good contract ($1.15/gal) last year. Seems the fireplace flue was the only place in the house where heat was escaping so simply closing it made all the difference. But nothing can beat a nice crackling fire on a cool crisp night.

Mike
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:24 am

Hey Blackjeep & Jim...Havin' come from your neck of the woods...and havin' endurred the Blizzards of the 60's, 80's & early 90's...I DON'T MISS THAT WHITE STUFF ONE BIT! :wink: BUT, that havin' been said...I know that y'all are just LOVIN' plowin' your way outta it! :wink: Now, iffin' y'all will excuse me...I'm gonna pull up my Lazy Boy as close as I kin git it to the Vermont Casting Gas Stove and set a spell! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Farmall Cub”