This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hydr rock shaft turn faster in one direction ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

hydr rock shaft turn faster in one direction ?

Postby rick 48 cub » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping some of you experienced hydraulic-equipped Cub owners can give me a little help.

This afternoon I installed the complete hydraulic system that I purchased from JP. Over the past few months I took it all apart, cleaned it up, and replaced all of the O-rings. I filled the reservoir with Hy-Tran, started up the tractor, and ran the touch control forward and back about a dozen times. As I am standing on left side of the tractor, I noticed that the rock shaft went from one side to the other (counter clock-wise) very quickly - less then two seconds. But the other way (clockwise) it took the rock shaft a long 8+ seconds to make the full rotation. (I had the Cub engine running at about 3/4 throttle.)

Is it normal for the rockshaft to go much faster in one direction than the other ?? If this is not the way it is supposed to work, do you have any suggestions as to what might be wrong ?

Also, I drained the hydraulic reservoir after this first test. I was a little alarmed when the draining fluid had what appeared to be tiny copper-colored shavings. What is that about ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Thanks, Rick
Rick 1948 cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:04 pm

Abour the shavings I don't know, but yes, faster in one direction than the other is normal. when going down (lever back) there is a retarder valve to keep implements form dropping too fast. Once you have an implement on it, and it is warmed up, the speeds will be closer together.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”