This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

T/C Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

T/C Questions

Postby Tractor Tom » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:49 pm

I tried to look in the archives for anwers but didn't have any luck:

Other than the external snap ring plier idea how do you get some of those stubborn valves out?

Question 2, is the "brown" o-ring in the repair kit for the control valve cylinder?
So many tractors, so little time......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Today

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:49 pm

Pulled ours 95% apart and have a couple of pieces that I don't know how to remove. Ours is a 49 and so far I haven't seen any snap rings. Manual is a bit wrong with the load checks. They are in different location than shown in parts catalog TC-37F, Group 10

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: T/C Questions

Postby George Willer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:56 pm

Tractor Tom wrote: Other than the external snap ring plier idea how do you get some of those stubborn valves out?

Tom,

Here's a shop made tool that sometimes works.

That critter under the safety valve assembly has resisted all my efforts and I decided to leave it rather than damage it. For that one I tried a modified paint can lid tool and a pry bar.

When they wrote the manual they didn't expect these things to still be around after nearly 60 years and have all that time to stick together.

I'm ready to assemble mine tomorrow.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:17 am

Is that the one with the 2 slots and the ball bearing in the middle?
Does it turn or pull straight out? Tried 2 large screwdrivers with another between them at 90 degrees, but no luck.

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks

Postby Tractor Tom » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:23 am

Thanks George and Charles. I might give George's tool a try or some thing like that to grip the 2 "slots". The pressure regulator bushing rotates a bit and probably out about 1/8"
The safety valve bushing rotates a little but the safety valve is stuck solid. I may have to leave a few of them as is, I'm too afraid I will damage a critical bore or part.
So many tractors, so little time......

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sludge?

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:13 am

What debris have you found in the T/C?
Ours had a few red Glyptal paint flakes and more black rubber "O" ring particles.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 pm

I was also afraid of damaging the one with the ball in the center. I let it be.

The service manual was not a whole lot of help, it was for the later version of the TC. So far that has been the only disappointment with the last revision of the manual.

Still waiting to get the rest of the tractor together to test it out, but it came out purdy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... 436a53.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... e6ab02.jpg
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”