This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

wild ride

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

wild ride

Postby rick 48 cub » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:21 pm

I have made a conclusion based on my experience last weekend.

A Cub wearing loose (or tight) heavy ladder chains on classic tractor tires with wheel weights still slides all over the place! I was trying to push about six to eight inches of snow - which does not seem like very deep snow to me.

My next try will be to put on a set of rear turf tires with chains.

I am slowly learning the secrets of the Cub.
Rick 1948 cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:53 pm

I had the same problem with mine. I had them pretty snug and they wouldnt grab at all. I loosed them 1 or 2 links and work pretty well now. I welded some 1 inch rebar pieces to the ladders and it helped a bit. I would still like a little bit more traction though. Hope you find the "trick" to yours.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:29 pm

I tried mine as tight as possible, but had problem with them slipping in between lugs on my newer tires. After I loosened them one ling, no problem.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rick 48 cub » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:50 pm

REBAR ! :twisted:

I like it - I am picturing one of the renegade attack vehicles from the Mad Max movies.

I am also a civil engineer by training - so I have a natural attraction to rebar.

Take Care
Rick 1948 cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”