This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub weight

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:12 am

For those of you who just need to haul a tractor once a year or so, U-haul does rent a nice little trailer that'll haul a Cub, A, Super-A or similar , that has the brakes in the trailer tongue. The more the trailer pushes against the tongue, the more it applies the trailer brakes. Works like a charm. Good for Cat III hitches or above, and straight 4 light plugs (no electric brake actuator needed).

Best of all, it rents for a mere $25 a day, unlimited mileage. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the rear gate doesn't make much of a ramp, so if you can back up to a little bank, and drive the tractor down onto the trailer, you're ahead of the game. Max net wt rating is 2700 lbs.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Trailer

Postby Peter Person » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:12 pm

Ditto's on the UHaul Trailer. I rented the 6' x 12' to get my Cub for $35 plus tax. With a dual axle it tracks real well. I went with this trailer because included with the tractor was a fast-hitch, disc harrow, moldboard plow, snow/grader blade, and sickle bar mower. Put my car ramps on a couple of 2x12's and the Cub drove off perfect. Sure beats plunking down 1500-2000 for my own trailer. I plan on going to CubFest Northeast this fall and renting the UHaul to do the job.
Peter

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:40 pm

Peter,

That's the one. I didn't remember the exact size, but now that you mention it, 6X12 was it. I guess there are some "regional" variations in pricing, or, I suppose, variations depending upon individual dealers.

I went overweight with my use, and loaded an A with the sickle bar mower, which put me at about 3000 lbs, with the heavy chains and all that I threw in to anchor it. Its brakes let it come down the steep mountains here pretty nicely, without the trailer trying to pass me, as my cargo trailer likes to try and do, sometimes.

Return to “Farmall Cub”