This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fence post puller

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
canamscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

fence post puller

Postby canamscott » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:19 pm

I have seen fence post pullers in the Harbor Freight catalog. Does anyone have a simple plan for rigging up a puller? Bonus points if I can use the Cub to do it.

Scott

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: fence post puller

Postby sviennadan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:55 pm

canamscott wrote:I have seen fence post pullers in the Harbor Freight catalog. Does anyone have a simple plan for rigging up a puller? Bonus points if I can use the Cub to do it.

Scott

I just back up to the post, wrap a chain around it, hook that closely to my fast-hitch, and let the hydraulics do the work. Sometimes it takes two or three lifts, but each time you lower the hitch, the slack in the chain allows it to drop lower on the post, and you lift again!
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:05 pm

sviennadan, You get 10 points that is the way I do it also.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:15 pm

I bought one last yr at tractor supply that is made much more rugged than the harbor freight one. Of coarse its more money also. But I'll tell you it works so well and so fast I could have 6 posts out in less time than you could get the tractor moved to the next. Maybe if you only pulled one here or there but if I were pulling out a whole row I wouldn't even mess with the tractor. Last week I was pulling some out of a wooded fence row where I wouldn't been able to get the tractor near enough anyhow.

Return to “Farmall Cub”