This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sad Day

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Underwood
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43821

Postby Bob Underwood » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:19 am

I am going to do as Bill suggests. Always like to put things back as original as possible. I very much appreciate all the response to any of my post. Thanks Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:07 am

My guess is the cylinders will clean up at 20 over.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:07 am

1. in am no mechanic

2. recently there was a post on here about changing to the domed head piston. it was listed that a change in head, and OTHER components would be needed. If i remember correctly. (may want to do a search)

3. Bill or some of the others would have to comment on exactly what other parts (if) would have to be replaced if you go with a domed piston.

john

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:12 pm

Beefing up engines.
The French Cub went SUPER CUB 2 years after it was started to be produced here in France, they kept the piston size the same, but made them Uluminium and upped the top speed from 1850' std Cub to 2000 Super Cub, I don't think it gave that much more power but it is certanly a bit faster on the road. There were several other mods, The RH Trumpet housing has several longditudinal reinforcing ribs added to the casting, the clutch plate is greater surface area.......Mike Sh... Knows very much more about French Cubs than I do.
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”