This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leak between gas tank and sediment bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Leak between gas tank and sediment bowl

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:45 pm

When I had my tank off to work on the governor, I decided to replace a rubber gas line with steel. When I twisted the sediment bowl into the tank, it was about one quarter turn shy of being tight. However the gas line kept me from going all the way. I have just a teensy bit of a leak now. Previous posts have talked about yellow teflon tape. When I read the label, it talked about gas lines (propane, natural gas, etc.) but not gasoline. Is this the best thing to use in this case?

Thanks, Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:48 pm

I use white teflon tape on mine, it's been on there a long time and no problems so far. Guess I didn't think about being rated for gas contact or not. :?

Otherwise I use regular bluish pipe dope which is rated for contact with gasoline.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:13 pm

I use something called NAPA High Tack, it says it won't be dissolved by most liquids, I don't think the gasoline dissolves it too muich, I have used it on 3 tractors now, and it has worked fine...

Johnny

Return to “Farmall Cub”