This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NAV's Free Gascaps, How's it going?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CornBinder
10+ Years
10+ Years

NAV's Free Gascaps, How's it going?

Postby CornBinder » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:25 am

Are you getting your caps?

Are you satisfied with them so far?
Brandon Kibe
International Truck and Engine Corp.
(260) 461-1917
brandon.kibe@nav-international.com

calcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95032
Tractors Owned: 2- 1952 Cubs

Free Gas Caps

Postby calcub » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:39 am

I am very satisfied with the three I have for my tractors. No more leaks and they fit well.

Thanks

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:48 am

hi,
i applied a few weeks ago online for my cub and m . how long does it take to recieve them or get a reply?
john

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:06 pm

There's no set timeframe on when you get your caps. You get them when you get them. Navistar gets the caps in batches, and fills orders until they run out of caps. Once they run out of caps, they order another batch and let the orders pile up in the meantime.

Don't forget that this is all FREE, shipped to you for simply filling out a form. You are not owed any level of service, or even a cap at this point as it has been more than 25 years since this program began.

Rumor has it the program will end in 2007.

Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave Irish » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:29 pm

I got mine last year. But it did take a couple months. I had given up and then there it was in the mail box.
" Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:34 pm

The website to order them says please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. I have heard of longer with the mail in form.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:43 pm

i am pleased with the three i have gotten. I am still awaiting one that i sent in not that long for dads cub. but have a saftey cap from another on it now so it is safe to use.
Image On To Bigger Things

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Matt:

Refer to the sticky Navistar Free Gas Cap - On Line Form for the real scoop..

and no, it is not a rumour, the program is definitely ending at the end of May 2007.

Guys, I think Brandon was asking if anybody basically has recieved new caps in the last little bit since the form was on-line... he is well aware of some of the problems/time frames over the past few years.

Brandon if I indeedy got this right.. nope, haven't got my new cap yet for Granny... however, it has only been what 3 weeks, so I am not expecting it till the end of April at the earliest. If it gets here any sooner, they may have to take me to emerg..... :!: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, there may be 2 more coming up as a request soon..

oh, and can you clarify this response:

Hey all,

If you are outside the US or have a po box, I can accommodate you. I try to discourage the use of PO boxes though.

Did you mean our Cub members in Europe and Down Under can actually get a cap :?: :?:

If so, I think you will be making a number of people on this forum VERY happy :wink: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

LabadieBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63055

Postby LabadieBill » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Brandon,

I ordered mine through the web site the day we found out about it, but have not received mine yet. I really didn't expect it yet. Thanks for your concern and for the information you have provided.

Bill

farmallplowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby farmallplowboy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:09 pm

Yes i am happy. got the last one the other day.i have 6 of them. on all them. thanks farmallplowboy

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 pm

just put in my "order" for our tractors, I think I will be very pleased.... Thanks for doing this for us :!: :!:

Johnny

CornBinder
10+ Years
10+ Years

gascaps

Postby CornBinder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:09 am

Quote:
If you are outside the US or have a po box, I can accommodate you. I try to discourage the use of PO boxes though.

Yes. I can accomodate overseas shipping. It'll take forever, but I will. Just make sure there is a complete shipping address. THe website can handle Canada, however I would suggest mailing in a request for overseas.

Does that help?
Brandon Kibe

(260) 461-1917

CornBinder
10+ Years
10+ Years

gascaps

Postby CornBinder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:10 am

JBall8019 wrote:hi,
i applied a few weeks ago online for my cub and m . how long does it take to recieve them or get a reply?
john

Usually less than 6 weeks, however last week I had to order shipping boxes, that bumped things back another week. Sorry guys.
Brandon Kibe

(260) 461-1917

CornBinder
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CornBinder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:16 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:There's no set timeframe on when you get your caps. You get them when you get them. Navistar gets the caps in batches, and fills orders until they run out of caps. Once they run out of caps, they order another batch and let the orders pile up in the meantime.

Don't forget that this is all FREE, shipped to you for simply filling out a form. You are not owed any level of service, or even a cap at this point as it has been more than 25 years since this program began.

Hey, I thought I was prepared this time. The only hiccup so far has been the oversight of the shipping boxes. :oops: A wonderful container supplier was able to get me 9000 boxes in about 4 days. :lol:

My mailing service has abour 2300 caps in storage, and I have another 2500 in storage and 2000 more on order.

Yes. After 5/31/2007 the free offer ends - for good. You will be able to purchase your caps from your local CNH dealer.
Brandon Kibe

(260) 461-1917

CornBinder
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CornBinder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:27 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:Don't forget that this is all FREE, shipped to you for simply filling out a form. You are not owed any level of service, or even a cap at this point as it has been more than 25 years since this program began.

Not sure what this means, but everyone is owed some level of personalized service. I might be young, but am sick of the lack of personal service big corporations are dispensing these days. Hence my name and phone number on the website and my participation here and at Red Power.

Someone got hurt because of a problem wth our tractors. I inherited the administration of this campaign and am able to give it as much personal attention as I can until it ends.

Yes, its been 25 years. We feel we have done all due dilligience in continuing to offer free replacements while CNH, eBay, and trade shows that sell them for upwards of $30 each.

Much thought and discussion has taken place with regards to ending this. Its not as if the caps aren't available (CNH, eBay, shows, etc...) So lets give it one last big push. Even by International's standards, I am spending lots of money in this big push. More money and caps have been spent in the lat 4 weeks, than in the last 2 years.

So enjoy your caps, operate your tractors safely and call me if you have any questions or problems!

Thanks all!
Brandon Kibe

(260) 461-1917