This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New C-3 Deck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

New C-3 Deck

Postby ScottyG » Tue May 02, 2006 10:58 am

Hi all,

I want to start a project and fabricate a new C-3 deck. The dimensions look relatively simple and, given the fact that I've got a stock supply house with a brake bender around the corner, it shouldn't be too much to accomplish.

My question is, has anyone ever fabricated a new deck and made any substantial improvements over IH's original design that you'd like to share? Any tips or pointers on your fabricating project? Are there any plans out there I should know about? Is it even worth (cost effective) where I should just search hard enough for a replacement instead?

Let me know your thoughts.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue May 02, 2006 11:29 am

Hi Scotty

I am thinking of changing my woods 42" to a four link setup like on a rear end of a race car so that as I raise and lower the deck it stays at the same angle and does not flip up. Becuse while the front of the deck comes up 1.5 foot the back only raises 7" or so. Also I cut the lawn short but the pasture I cut 4" to 6" and when it is setup the cut the lawn the front of the blades are too high when cutting the pasture. The two concerns I can think of at this point are the clearences of the linkages. And with the stock setup the belt pully on the deck points at the idler pulleys. The way I am thinking of as I lift the deck it will come out of plane and tend to want to pull the belt off the pully. The other thing I would like to do is put tires of rollers on the front of the deck but finding room to mount then without hitting the front tires has been good.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed May 03, 2006 12:25 pm

Cowboy,

I like the roller idea. The deck is so huge that the roller will help some of the scalping that occurs. You're right on the PTO pulley. It will take some real ingenuity to figure out how to rear mount the deck without that belt from slipping off. Probably need an xtra idler pulley with some spring tension to keep it in place when the deck is lifted up.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”