Ebay item, listed as "PTO Extension" really a gear

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ebay item, listed as "PTO Extension" really a gear

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed May 10, 2006 11:40 pm

Boiz,

Just a heads up, because what this fellow is calling a PTO extension, cannot possible be so.

I'm thinking that it must bolt between the transmission and the final drive in some way, hence, it might be a gear reducer.

and, of course, the listing is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FARMALL-CUB-PTO-EXTENSION_W0QQitemZ7618545975QQcategoryZ46564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

see what y'all think, but I know a lot of you are looking for these, if that's what it is...

--Tom

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Thu May 11, 2006 5:11 am

from that picture it looks like the right angle pto gearing.
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu May 11, 2006 7:28 am

Yep Tom, I think Phil knows his stuff :D . Here's a pic I copied. I wonder what the guy did with the rest of the 90 degree gear box. He'll probably list that next week :shock: Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu May 11, 2006 12:06 pm

OK.....and here I thought I found something interesting....

I've never used, nor had mine apart for any reason, or I would have known that.... :shock:

Apologies for crying wolf.....

--Tom

Rubee
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rubee » Thu May 11, 2006 12:34 pm

Your almost right Rick. Three or four days ago the same fellow had the rest of the belt drive pully attachment for sale on ebay. I emailed him and asked if the part that fit over the pto spline was included because it looked like it was missing from his ebay picture. He answered and said that he was selling it separate and at a later date. I didn't bid on it.- Rubee

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Rick:

Neat screen shot... I see you got the 100HP and Under CDRom :!: :wink: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Rubee wrote:Your almost right Rick. Three or four days ago the same fellow had the rest of the belt drive pully attachment for sale on ebay. I emailed him and asked if the part that fit over the pto spline was included because it looked like it was missing from his ebay picture. He answered and said that he was selling it separate and at a later date. I didn't bid on it.- Rubee

I just looked back at his sold listings to see if I could find the rest of the pulley attachment. Didn't find it but I found his listing for "FARMALL CUB CINNAMON BULB". Had to go see what that was -- sediment bowl.

Turns out that this piece is enough to fix the remains of a pulley attachment I have kicking around here. Not sure I want to fix this one bad enough to buy the part plus pay shipping for it.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 11, 2006 1:13 pm

Jim:

I had noticed the Cinnamon Bulb for a farmall cub and I couldn't figure out what he meant till I looked at it closer..

Sediment Bowl... never heard a sediment bowl called a cinnamon bulb before for any kind of equipment...

must be a colloquialism..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Rudi wrote:Jim:

I had noticed the Cinnamon Bulb for a farmall cub and I couldn't figure out what he meant till I looked at it closer..

Sediment Bowl... never heard a sediment bowl called a cinnamon bulb before for any kind of equipment...

must be a colloquialism..

Nope,

I think it is the result of phoenetics, or, the popular self-help tape series called "hooked on phonics", which, if you subscribed to its silliness, would have you spell the title as "huked on foniks"........

In certain parts of the US, Cinnamon, and Sediment sound amazingly similar, as, I imagine, do "Bowl" and "Bulb"......the end result it, this boy "spellt" it as he thought it sounded, hence...."Cinnamon Bulb"......

This, however, is not a defense of his idiomatic language skills, and, since you seem a fan of Daniel Webster, Rudi, I would surely hold the boy's arms for Daniel to Beat him with the switch on that one.

I was just having a conversation with someone the other night in the chat, I think it was Carm..... We were discussing the fact that there is a breakdown in communication between those of us here, at the Mason-Dixon line, and those who work at drive-through windows in Virginia. The language barrier is so intense that one tends to give up, and use mock-sign language, or simply smile and nod.

I then pondered if a person from Maine could actually speak in person to someone from Alabama without the aid of an interpreter. The concensus was no.

To further illustrate this problem, a friend of mine, seeking directions in Tennessee once, asked a man where "Maryville" was. The man said he had no idea whatsoever. He repeated the excercise several times, as he was positive he was very close to "Maryville". Finally, a woman in a diner corrected him, when he showed her his destination on the map. She said that he was already there, but the name of the town is "Murrrrrvullll".

So....Cinnamon Bulb it is.....

Bigdog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu May 11, 2006 3:01 pm

Tom - I believe you mean Noah Webster.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu May 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Dogster,

Yes, indeed I do....

Since that TIA/Ministroke thing a few weeks back, I get as confused as a green fly in an outhouse sometimes. Some files definitely got corrupted.... :shock: LOL

Bus Driver
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bus Driver » Fri May 12, 2006 7:19 am

The seller offering this part is one of those who disassembles to the extreme, rendering some parts useless in the process. Selling the engine block and the main bearing caps separately is one example. It is useful to look over all that a seller is offering when considering a bid. I completely avoid sellers of this type.

For Cub engines, I want the main bearing caps to remain in their original position always. Shuffling them is not desirable.
Luck favors those who are prepared

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri May 12, 2006 8:27 am

He is just trying to squeeze out every penny he can get by dismantling parts to the point of almost useless units. Dont buy any bearings from him as you may have to buy the Race and bearing balls separately. :roll:
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 12, 2006 8:40 am

johnbron wrote: Dont buy any bearings from him as you may have to buy the Race and bearing balls separately. :roll:
he has them for sale too. :lol: http://cgi.ebay.com/FARMALL-CUB-BEARING ... dZViewItem
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri May 12, 2006 8:49 am

:lol: Geeeze John, Ya`just proved me wrong. That bearing he is selling has got balls. :twisted:
Then came Bronson