This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering Arm Set Screw

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Steering Arm Set Screw

Postby WKPoor » Fri May 12, 2006 11:12 pm

I noticed today while talking to Earl about the mod that the set scews I have don't fit the tapered hole in the spindle worth a darn. I know those are a weak spot judging by all the welded up spindles I've seen in the past. So Earl is going to possibly redrill the taper and make a set screw to properly fit the hole. Maybe thats one reason they went to the keyway? It would be real good if that had a spline on top.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 12, 2006 11:32 pm

I have one with the keyways and somebody STILL welded up both sides!!

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat May 13, 2006 8:11 am

We have A IH truck w/spline and tapered bolts into the stering box. Thats not the answer eather.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat May 13, 2006 9:44 am

Bill,

Here's my solution to the problem: Drill and tap the other boss on the arm and create a new hole for the set screw. Then I ream it with a shop made reamer to make a fit as good as new. Sometimes a little reaming can renew the old socket, but often they're wallowed out too far from not being kept TIGHT.

I'm sure Earl knows how to make one.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sun May 14, 2006 8:39 am

Earls got plenty of taper drills so I think we will just redrill the taper and then he's going to make new set screws to match.

Return to “Farmall Cub”