This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Time to rebuild the touch control?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Time to rebuild the touch control?

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sat May 13, 2006 11:02 am

My touch control is lowering then popping back up. It does this in a continuing cycle. I'm assuming it needs a rebuild. Can I purchase a complete kit somewhere?
Steve Ruddy
Guerneville CA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 13, 2006 3:43 pm

get kit form local dealer, or on line from http://www.cngco.com, possibly form tM tRactor (one of the site sponsers ) also. there are 2 different ones, and you will need the mumber from your TC block.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Postby Russell F » Sat May 13, 2006 4:31 pm

I just rebuilt my block Steve. The kit is still available from CASE/IH. As John said there are 2 kits available. The part # on the block found below the fill port is all they need. Mine used the ealier kit and it ran approx. $35 if i remember.

I recomend washing the block really well before tearing into it. And do it in a clean place on a clean surface. And have lotsa rags handy. Be sure to coat all the o-rings with hydraulic oil when re-assembling. I also used a couple cans of brake-cleaner to clean everything real well before installing the new seals and coating with oil. It's hard to get it too clean.

I also recommend getting on the manual server and printing out the parts breakdown for the block you have, this is handy when re-assembling. Be sure to clean everything and keep it clean as you tear it apart. Mine was leaking from the control rod seal and was creeping as you described, now it's stays put and responds alot better.

Russell

Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sun May 14, 2006 11:37 am

OK rebiuld it is. According to the repair manual I have it looks fairly easy.

THX
Steve Ruddy

Guerneville CA

Return to “Farmall Cub”