This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One of the advantages

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

One of the advantages

Postby Kirk » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:51 am

To Yall,

You know, even though we have a fantastic forum :!: :!: (due only to the fact that it is made up of some truely genuine gentlemen and ladies) I find that one of the greatest advantages of this forum is having the pleasure to actually shake the hand of a member. 8)

As I've had a few parts listed in the "Classifieds", I've had the opportunity to speak to some of our members (like Bill Poor.... on a couple of occassions....what a guy!) And this week, Larry Renfroe and Russ Leggitt dropped by and spent some time with me. Wow....what a couple of GREAT guys. :shock:

It has made my week just getting to hang out with individuals like that.

It's those kind of men that make this forum what it is :wink: .
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:25 am

Kirk, as you know, the gatherings like Cubarama and CubFest(s) are a great way to meet a lot of "old friends" for the first time. But there's nothing like sitting down with one or two friends for a chat.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:38 am

From Farmington ot Fredericktown is only 350 miles. When cubarama is ther the last weekend in Sept. you will get to meet a lot of the forum memebers. it is als the Mo. IH show this year.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:04 am

Kirk,

You've hit the nail on the head!!! I alwys enjoy visiting forum members either at their places or mine. Usually they come here. At one time I kept a log of all the new internet friends who visited here but stopped several years ago. Quite a few from this forum have been here, and I may leave out some by accident. So far, from memory I come up with these names: Jim Becker, Mike Schmudlach, Bigdog, Francis (Farmer) Robinson, Phil (PWL) Lenke), Bill Poor, Rick (Billyandmillie) Prentice, Billy (Cowboy) Patrick, Clark (Tractorman) Thompson, Dave (Dave F) Fisher, All 3 Dotson brothers... Gene, Gary, and Larry, Carl (Lurker) Kurnas, Brian Piersol (who came up with the name CubFest), Bill Darr, Bob Zimmerman, Larry (Hahnhappy) Hahn, Albie Badarocco (originator of the Cub workshops), Larry Whinery, Jake Wilkin ...

The list of forum members I've met at shows is much longer, so I'll just mention the latest one: Rick (redman).

The visitors list from ATIS members is a long one too, so I'll just mention the list owner, Spencer Yost and recently departed and sadly missed Cecil Monson.

Meeting and strengthening friendships with forum members is a good reason to have your own local CubFest. My door is always open!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:13 am

Kirk:

BD, John, George and you have it nailed.. :!: :idea: :D

One of the best things in life is to be able to sit down with friends and chew the rag about stuff you have in common, or even stuff you don't. Coffee and home cookin just makes it better.

Meeting my fellow cubbers locally, David, Alton, Gordon Trail, Wade MacDonald, Bruce Sandford and others has truly added so much to the QUALTIY of my life.. and I can tell you having guys like Bill and Agness Darr, EZ and his wonderful family just drop in whilst they are down east was pretty special. We try to keep pics of all who visit.

Some have even managed to talk to me in Real Time on the old twisted pair.. which has proved to be the highlight of a few days to be sure, and THEY know who they are... thanks guys... sometimes I forget to remind y'all what it has meant to me.

Carl Kurnas and Art Chester are two others who have made a lasting bond with Em and I, and we truly enjoyed meeting them at CubFest Northeast 2004..

Em and I are anticipating eagerly the chance to meet so many more when we are finally able to get to Cub-a-rama and maybe a stateside CubFest in the next few years. Almost made it last year.. but health got in the way.

That is another thing.. when I was stricken with two very serious surgical proceudures.. the support, prayers, wishes, cards and calls that I got from everyone here what absolutely amazing and contributed a lot to not only my recovery, but to Em's and our children's ability to cope with the situation.. Absolutely outstanding :!: 8) :D

It is the people on this site that make it the very best site on the internet... and it epitomizes what the words neighbour, friend and colleague actually mean.

I am proud to be part of this group, and even more proud to list so many as friends... :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 pm

This pretty much sums it up for me: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12627
8)

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:16 pm

WOW....you all have said it well :!:
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Hard to believe a little tractor can help acheive such big things! Even more amazing is that this group contains some of the absolute finest folks I have ever met.....
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”