This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tachometer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

tachometer

Postby Findoggy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:44 pm

I recently purchased an old Stewart Warner handheld tachometer to check the RPM of my engine (I'm convinced it's running too slow). However, the rubber tip on my tachometer is pretty much shot and I was wondering if anyone new of where to get a new one, or how best to make one of your own (ie specific material). I would, if possible like one of the cone tip ones. Also, having never really used one before, would a good place to check the RPMs on my cub be at the PTO pulley? Thanks for the help.
Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:14 pm

A couple of suggestions. Get some Paslti dip like the use to coat tools and make a tip, another substitue is to go to your local auto parts store and get some of the caps like they use to plug vaccum lines for workign on vehicles.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:24 pm

John,
How does the Plasti dip stuff work? Is it pliable, or do you have to dip the end of the tachometer into the plasti dip? If you dip it in, will it come back off without ruining the tachometer? Thanks for your quick reply.
Findoggy

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:25 pm

Question...what should engine RPMs be at low idle? I know max idle was 1800 wasn't it? Findoggy

Return to “Farmall Cub”