This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrolysis is something else!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:04 pm

if you are thingking aobut using a welder, don't overlook operating expense. Welders are fairly inefficient and even delivering low current a welder draws quite a bit of current form your house wiring.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:01 pm

If my memory serves me correctly, electrolysis is the same process as plating. GW, you're the metalurgist aboard, wouldn't the black substance left after cooking be some sort of ferrous phosphate, since TSP is tri-sodium PHOSPHATE? If that is the case, then I think that one may be able, by changing the anode to another base metal besides rebar, after the rust removal process -to say a zinc rod - you could actually galvanize the item (Hmmmmm, rear rims come to mind). Or perhaps chrome? Silver, Platinum, Gold? The possibilties are endless. Wonder what antimony-plated rims would look like? :roll:
All this proves is that one gnome pounding on the keyboard for years still will not produce the works of Shakespeare.
No animals were hurt in the rending of this page, but 18 queries were mangled in about 3.874 seconds.

Return to “Farmall Cub”