This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

BAD CUB DAY!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

BAD CUB DAY!!

Postby LARRY BALL » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:21 am

YESTERDAY I REPLACED NEEDED MAINTENCE ITEMS ON LOCO LOBOY. HOSES, BELTS,WATER OUTLET GASKETS,FLUSHED AND CLEANED RADIATOR, ALL PARTS SAND BLASTED AND PAINTED,CARB TO INTAKE TUBE HOSES,GOVENOR LEVER, AND ADDED ALTERNATOR REPLACING OLD GENERATOR SET-UP. THE PO HAD EITHER DISCARDED OR REMOVED FAN SHROUD. SO PURCHASED A USED ONE ON EBAY. $10.00 AND SOME PAINT I WAS GOOD TO GO. BUT THE SEQUENCE OF FAN AND PULLEY AND FAN SHROUD INSTALLATION WAS FRUSTRATING. AFTER SERVERAL PUZZLED ATTEMPTS HAD EVERTHING MOUNTED AND TORQUED DOWN. ONLY TO HAVE THE FAN PULLEY GRINDING ON THE GOVERNOR LEVER. AFTER MANY MINUTES OF DISBELIEF, AND CHECKING THE OTHER CUBS I HAVE (IN VARIOUS STAGES OF REPAIR AND NON-REPAIR) REALIZED THE AUTO STORE HAD SOLD ME A DRIVE BELT MUCH TOO SHORT! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ALL OF THIS IN 93 DEGREE HEAT :!:
LARRY BALL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:38 am

In addition to the belt, make sure the spacer is on the fan side of the shaft. (between shoulder and bracket ears).
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”