This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

900 max rpm

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rfalk
10+ Years
10+ Years

900 max rpm

Postby rfalk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I just rebuilt a 48 Cub. It starts great and run great, but!!! I can't get the engine to run over about 900 RPM. I bought and installed a second govenor and the problem is the same. If you unhook the govenor and use just the carb rod it will run right up to 1600 rpm quickly and repeatedly.
I replaced the govenor spring and checked the govenor for excessive wear, there is some but I figured it should still function properly. I would appreciate any ideas you may have.

Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Was the rod that goes from the carb to the governor shaft adjusted right? I would think after having 2 governors on it, that would be my guess to where the problem is. Good Luck

NIK
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

rfalk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rfalk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:28 pm

I set the ajustment according to the manual, full throttle on the govenor and full throttle on the carb, then inserted the pin.

Return to “Farmall Cub”