This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub Pony Express Rides Again ???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Farmall Cub Pony Express Rides Again ???

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:09 pm

Guys;

I remember fondly all the effort that went into getting John Neikamp's Danco C-2 Mower from his place in Illinois?? to my place in New Brunswick. What an adventure and what a wonderful gift y'all gave to me. Every time I look at that mower, I remember all of those posts, with all the planning, and feeling how enormously lucky I was to have such good friends here on the forum. And getting to meet Larry in person... wow! Em and I still remark on it, and the story has been getting spread around whenever someone asks me what that thing is....

It is a part of our Forum folklore now, and it has spread it's seeds ... all kinds of help has been proffered for members in getting needed parts or implements from point a to point b as cheaply as possible.

I think, everybody truly appreciates all the help that they get from other forum members.

Now we have another member in need. Souc10 (Paul) and I have been corresponding for months now on his desire to finally get a Cub. He has been trying hard... and he almost succeeded. He had pretty much set his mind on a Cub Lo-Boy in Maine.. got a deal struck and all and it was almost a done deal. But Mother Nature had something to say of course, and the flooding in his area sort of put paid to the original shot at getting a Cub.. House repair expenses come first.. so he thought for sure he lost the Lo-Boy. Turns out the guy who has the Lo-Boy kept it for him and he still has the deal... He can manage to get the Cub home.. but... to validate the purchase, he has to have a use for it. That is part of the BHF (Better Half Factor) :!: :roll: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but with some chatting he has found the validation he needs. :lol:

However, that involves acquiring a belly mower :!: :roll: 8) :wink:

Surprisingly enough :shock: 8), another one of our forum members has said belly mower... co-incidentally, it is also a Danco C-2.. but completely restored. Chuck Melburg has it. This will help out two of our forum members...

Problem is getting it from Chuck's place in Oquawka, Illinois to Paul's place in NH?. How do we do that? I immediately thought -- hmmm the "Farmall Cub Pony Express" :!:

With Cub-a-Rama coming up in September and Cecil's CubFest Northeast 2006 in NY in October... it seems that this could be doable. Paul is planning on getting to Cecil's, as he will be picking up his Lo-boy in Maine, and it would be on the way back.... I imagine... so the timing would be really good.

Is there a chance that this can happen :?: Is it doable :?: This is such a wonderful community, if it can happen at all, this community can make it happen of that I am sure.

What say you all :?: :?: :?:

Thoughts please????
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PKS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PKS » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:12 pm

Rudi:

Thank you once again for all your help as it is very well appreciated. I hope this works and yes I plan on attending Cecil's Cub Fest for one day (hopefully Saturday). Thank you to all who may be able to help and I look forward to meeting many of the great people who make this forum a unique, open minded and inviting fraternity.

Paul
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World ---

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:22 pm

Gentlemen,

I'll see Chuck at Cubarama and Cecil at NE Cubfest. Let me know if you need me to haul a mower.

Carl
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:30 pm

Carl:

Wow! and buddy, I hope Em and I can see you and Cathy at Cecil and Priscilla's in October. :!: :arrow: :D

Paul : TALK TO CARL !!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

PKS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PKS » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:31 pm

Carl:

If you would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate your help as you may have just made this potential adventure a one stop shop. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Paul
Be The Change You Wish To See In The World ---

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm checking with Chuck if he's coming to Cubarama, otherwise we'll figure out other arrangements! Never fear, you'll get a mower.
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:31 pm

Rudi,

Oquawka, Illinois is only a few miles north of me, maybe 100 give or take. at this point of time I am planning on attending Cub-A-Rama in September.

I would be most happy to make the first connection and take it on down to Fredericktown, MO.

AND if something would come up to where I could not go to Cub-a-Rama, maybe we could talk John Puckett and see if he would want to meet me at the halfway point as we did on my Cub and Rudi's deck and then he could take it on down to Cub-A-Rama, just a suggestion. I don't want to put John on the spot or commit him to something. Like I say the way it's planned right now I am attending in September.

WHEW !!!! I just got thinking that if I am going to meet all these fine folks (most for the first time) in September, I had better start getting into shape so I can look my very BEST :!: :!:

Speaking of
Rudi wrote:that thing

How is it coming :?: :?: :?: the last time I saw it, it was in pieces and in much needed repair.

John Niekamp
Last edited by John Niekamp on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:40 pm

Chuck is planning on attending Cubarama - I have a Kodiak Karry-all to deliver to him there.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:19 pm

Chuck's bringing it to Cubarama. We're all set for a mower transfer to NY
- Louis Pasteur

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 pm

Wow guys... I like this a lot.. Another example of why this is the very best site on the net.. cause it has the very best people in the world on it! I just hope I have a chance some day to repay all for my own Pony Express...

John, it is gaining a little. Not a lot of progress.. but I have most of the repairs mapped out and even planned. I have a chum who is gonna teach me how to properly hook up the argon to my mig and then teach me how to use it! Tilly has already said, we will never recognize it, it will be that nice when we are done with it.. plus he is gonna help me prep it and paint it too :!:

I am really hoping that we can make it to Cecil's... I have some acquisitions I want to make whilst I am south of the great 49th.. and can bring stuff home duty free... so, if I can get Em to go.. I plan on leaving the back seat home and bringing blankets to wrap stuff up in for the return trip....

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:17 pm

John Niekamp wrote:
WHEW !!!! I just got thinking that if I am going to meet all these fine folks (most for the first time) in September, I had better start getting into shape so I can look my very BEST :!: :!:

John Niekamp

Hey Johnnie, all ya got to do is show up!
- Louis Pasteur

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Geezzzz I thought this post was about converting one of those cute little Masseys into a Cub.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... c3d512.jpg

I may again be a bit of a help.. or at least offer a back up plan (AKA Plan B). I will have the big honkin' trailer at Cecil's. The usual home for it is western ME/eastern NH. Plenty of room on it.

And Rudi it's a good thing for you I was too busy with Rufus to notice that the swinging blades on my C-2 were welded until after it had mowed a few times. Guess I should have tipped it up against the bench like I did with the Woods, or even just sharpened the blades and I would have noticed it. :oops:
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:15 pm

Larry:

Did you get em off and did you find new ones????

Boy am I ever glad you didn't look under the deck :!: :!: :arrow: :roll: :shock: :? :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:35 am

I guess I need to pull the tower or the whole mower and drag it back here to do anything with it but it is still mowing season up north. I don't think I would have swapped it on ya Rudi... mine has a new bushing in it!

Up to my eyeballs with the Red Cub, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel (apparently the bolts are still holding on the tunnel I take through Boston :roll: ) I am on the hook for the 'firing off' party this week, but somehow the little rod to the carb from the gov rockshaft has gone missing! And I had the dist off so the project today is to get the dist timed (found the clip at a place in IA thanks to Bermuda Ken!) and the electrial going. I am still determined to make the front adjustable again.... but I am only giving it one more shot. It took a bath in the electro tank and is now drinking up the Kroil, so it may work.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”