This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wheel adjustment

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Schnipke
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wheel adjustment

Postby Steve Schnipke » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:40 am

Good Morning everyone:
I was thinking I would like to try fitting my cub into the back of my pick-up, for a trip up north. (I have a F350). My question is: what is the best way to adjust the front wheel width? Is there a good jack point on the front end, to lift one wheel up to adjust, then repeat for other side.
Thanks in advance
Steve
Steve Schnipke

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:46 am

Steve, the best way is to cross your fingers and hope that the axle tube isn't frozen with rust and will move. Start by soaking it well with penetrant and hope it will break loose.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:04 pm

HAHAHAHHA!!! Good Luck!! You might get lucky or you might need much time and patience. Helps to have one of those sand filled plastic sledge hammers or very large dead blows. Still will be up to the Gods whether it comes loose or not. Make sure the blows are right at the point were the spindle connects to the tube. Might also work around tube parameter with an air hammer over a block of wood to try and loosen the rust. All this with generous amounts of penetrant. Heat can help but it won't do your paint job any good. I did a set recently and it took alot of heat and pounding. :D

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:11 pm

With an F-350, I would think even if the axle is widened a few holes, it would still fit, no problem. Just pull it in and drive over the wheelwells. The 350 probably won't even know the little cub is there :D

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Steve Schnipke
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks

Postby Steve Schnipke » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:16 am

Thanks for the reply's, I will start applying penetrating oil and wish for the best.
Steve
Steve Schnipke

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:36 pm

:D Hi Steve

My brother dad and I are headed to the eastern UP Pickford area in the morning if I see a Cub in a truck I'll be waving :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:25 pm

I gave up on the axle, but by rough calculations (when I bought the red Cub) it will fit in the bed.... and you can close the tailgate if you let most of the air out of the tires.

I gave up on the idea when I thought about how I was going to get it off the truck. And how I was going to get the implements home, not to mention it had a Woods 59 attached.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:25 am

Don't drive it over the wheel wells. That's a good way to ensure that your wheel wells turn from "innies" to "outies" in a hurry. :shock: Wheel wells are not designed to handle 600lbs+ on a narrow 4" wide spot.